15 week ultrasound Proud mommy(17 weeks) Due June 10 (boy); 17 kids; Fort Myers, Florida 18 posts
5th Jan '13

I had an ultrasound done at 15 weeks and 3 days our baby wasent really cooperating and would close his legs. The ultrasound lady said boy but i have my doubts i heard the potty shot isnt the best at determining the babys gender & thats the best she could do. How accurate are ultrasounds at 15 weeks? what does everyone think? boy! :) i will be happy with either gender all i want is baby to be nice and healthy :)) 311689_10151411244861289_945833661_n-001

♥MomToSilas+1♥ Due December 9; 1 child; ., IL, United States 10904 posts
status 5th Jan '13

Yea I can't really make anything out in that picture lol. What the arrow is pointing at just looks like a dot to me.

I had my ultrasound at 15 weeks and 6 day. They told me girl and he was all boy at 21 weeks.

GL♣PC♥BC 3 kids; Atlanta, GA, United States 9408 posts
5th Jan '13

The ultrasound is soo dark and blurry, I can't really tell what is in it..

I was told a boy for my first at 16 weeks and they were correct
I was told girl at 16 weeks with this baby and found out at 21 weeks that it is definitely a boy.
Although I would think mistaking a boy for a girl is more understandable than mistaking a girl for a boy..

Proud mommy(17 weeks) Due June 10 (boy); 17 kids; Fort Myers, Florida 18 posts
5th Jan '13
Quoting Sami&Baby Silas:" Yea I can't really make anything out in that picture lol. What the arrow is pointing at just looks like ... [snip!] ... at just looks like a dot to me. I had my ultrasound at 15 weeks and 6 day. They told me girl and he was all boy at 21 weeks."

yeah , thats all i see too a bubble lol thats why im confused. I heard boy and girl parts look the same at this stage. I'll be getting another ultrasound at around 20 weeks at my drs office. The one i had was an elective and i regret paying for one so early on in my pregancny

Vivian [♥] 2 kids; Balls Deep, in, Georgia 13909 posts
5th Jan '13
Quoting Proud mommy(17 weeks):" yeah , thats all i see too a bubble lol thats why im confused. I heard boy and girl parts look the ... [snip!] ... at around 20 weeks at my drs office. The one i had was an elective and i regret paying for one so early on in my pregancny"

They usually DON'T all look the same by 15. Before 13-14 weeks yes.
If I look real closely, I'd say boy too. But it's a horrible ultrasound pic to be 100% sure on that.

LittleTiger Due July 25 (girl); TTC since Oct 2013; 1 child; Florida 10500 posts
status 5th Jan '13

I'd definitely wait to buy any gender specific items till you get a better shot of the jewels. :)

Frankie-marie 18 kids; Texas 887 posts
5th Jan '13

2r3e6gn.jpgThis is my 15 weeks gender scan I paid for. I'm now having doubts of it being something else now. Your photo isn't too clear but thats only part of what the tech saw, she saw a lot more on the ultrasound. Of course it's not 100%.

5th Jan '13
Quoting Vivian [♥]:" They usually DON'T all look the same by 15. Before 13-14 weeks yes. If I look real closely, I'd say boy too. But it's a horrible ultrasound pic to be 100% sure on that."

i agree its so dark i'll try to lighten it up a little bit maybe that'll help

5th Jan '13

i brightened it up a little bit and i cropped it but i dont think that much help and like i said she went ahead and said boy but it was based on the potty shot like the one you see here our baby kept closing his legs311689_10151411244861289_945833661_n-001..all i see is a bubble

GL♣PC♥BC 3 kids; Atlanta, GA, United States 9408 posts
5th Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Proud mommy(17 weeks):</b>" i brightened it up a little bit and i cropped it but i dont think that much help and like i said she ... [snip!] ... said boy but it was based on the potty shot like the one you see here our baby kept closing his legs..all i see is a bubble ."</blockquote>

Eek I can't even tell where there legs are :/

5th Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting GL♣PB:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting Proud mommy(17 weeks):</b>" i brightened it up a little bit ... [snip!] ... our baby kept closing his legs..all i see is a bubble ."</blockquote> Eek I can't even tell where there legs are :/"</blockquote>

His legs are on the side it's like looking up at his bottom. The "bubble" is right between his legs.

5th Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Frankie-marie:</b>" This is my 15 weeks gender scan I paid for. I'm now having doubts of it being something else now. Your ... [snip!] ... photo isn't too clear but thats only part of what the tech saw, she saw a lot more on the ultrasound. Of course it's not 100%."</blockquote>

I would say boy :)) mine is a bit different it looks more like a bubble so I've been wondering if maybe it's the umbilical cord instead of a "boy" part.

Rosa McQueen Due June 21 (girl); 16 kids; Booneville, Kentucky 5 posts
5th Jan '13

My doctor wouldn't confirm boy or girl at my last u/s she did say she thought it was boy because she thought she seen a little boy part but wasn't sure because it's still was early. We go back this week for another look and to schedule the anatomy scan. Yours is def. blurry and dark, I would say it wasn't the best reading.