At my son's 15-month check-up this month, he's scheduled to get the varicella immunization, and my mind isn't totally made up as to whether or not I want him to get it.
If you vaccinate, did you get this one? Why or why not?
No we didn't. She's had a mild form of the chicken pox once, which I wanted her to have.
I just didn't see a point in her getting the vaccine.
That's the only one Heathen has NOT gotten.
I'd rather her have chicken pox. But, if by the time she's 10 and she hasn't had it, we may have her get it
If you're not sure don't do it at this time. It can wait until u decide.
We chose not to because I found it useless to put an extra thing into DDs body when there was still a chance she could get them. I decided to wait and said I would reevaluate when kindergarten came around. Well
Luckily she got it at 4 while in prek. So it worked out. And I'm so glad I didn't give in and do it. :)
Quoting whitney ♥ ainsley:" No we didn't. She's had a mild form of the chicken pox once, which I wanted her to have. I just didn't see a point in her getting the vaccine. "
I'm nervous because as of right now, we don't really leave the house very much as it is and so my son doesn't really have the "opportunity" of catching it.
My kids all got it...because I had had a terrible case of it when I was 3. I have scars from it, and I didn't want my kids to go through that.
We did, I was hesitant but after discussing it with DD's pedi, who was really open and honest about how she felt about it (If the vaccine was any newer than it was she would not recommend us getting it), we decided to get it. I really trust my pedi, and she's super respectful of my opinions so I don't have any regrets about getting it.
Quoting [[Breezy]]:" I'm nervous because as of right now, we don't really leave the house very much as it is and so my son doesn't really have the "opportunity" of catching it. "
You can wait until he's going into school.
I got lucky, my friend's son had it, and so we hung out there a lot.