4 month sleep regression Zeke's Mama Due September 26; 1 child; Pensacola, Florida 5148 posts
status 7th Jan '13

So the other day I posted about DS sleeping like crap and someone mentioned it could be 4 month sleep regression (he's almost 4 months old). So I looked it up and one thing said how he's sleeping now could possibly be the way he'll sleep from now on...which terrifies me lol. If your baby went through this did it permanently change their sleep patterns or was it temporary?

lolajessup Due July 25; 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Beaverton, Michigan 44057 posts
7th Jan '13

From your sn I'm assuming he's bf? Could he be going through a growth spurt?

Man in stockings 1 child; Colorado 2766 posts
7th Jan '13
Quoting Boobie On Demand:" So the other day I posted about DS sleeping like crap and someone mentioned it could be 4 month sleep ... [snip!] ... on...which terrifies me lol. If your baby went through this did it permanently change their sleep patterns or was it temporary?"

wow Never heard of this, but this explains A LOT my son will be 4 months on the 25th and he has went from getting up 1 time to feed, to back to every 2hours with the some time habit of staying up for 2 hours in the middle of the night!

Zeke's Mama Due September 26; 1 child; Pensacola, Florida 5148 posts
status 7th Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting lolajessup:</b>" From your sn I'm assuming he's bf? Could he be going through a growth spurt?"</blockquote>

Yes he is, to both questions. I'm not saying its for sure this sleep regression thing its just something I thought I would research more on the in case. I like to be prepared haha.

7th Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Boobie On Demand:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting lolajessup:</b>" From your sn I'm assuming he's bf? Could he ... [snip!] ... sure this sleep regression thing its just something I thought I would research more on the in case. I like to be prepared haha."</blockquote>

I wouldn't worry too much or fret. I noticed my DDs sleep change around growth spurts. She'd sleep longer te week before then sleep less during and eat more.

status 7th Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting *Drooling*:</b>" wow Never heard of this, but this explains A LOT my son will be 4 months on the 25th and he has went ... [snip!] ... up 1 time to feed, to back to every 2hours with the some time habit of staying up for 2 hours in the middle of the night!"</blockquote>

I had never heard of it either. My son will be 4 months on the 18 and when I posted about it someone mentioned it so I thought I would look into it. I guess it happens (but not to all babies) because of a bunch of milestones around this time. It could very well just be the growth spurt but I thought I'd read more on it.

status 7th Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting lolajessup:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting Boobie On Demand:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting lolajessup:</b>" ... [snip!] ... I noticed my DDs sleep change around growth spurts. She'd sleep longer te week before then sleep less during and eat more."</blockquote>

I'll try not to, thanks. He's spoiled us from the beginning with being a good sleeper so of course I'm like what the hell lol. He wasn't sleeping longer bit he was taking more naps before his growth spurt.

7th Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Boobie On Demand:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting lolajessup:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting Boobie On ... [snip!] ... sleeper so of course I'm like what the hell lol. He wasn't sleeping longer bit he was taking more naps before his growth spurt."</blockquote>

Well and if it's during the day as he gets more active and older he will sleep less and less.