14 weeks and "lactating" or leaking whatever... *~AngelEyes~* 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Memphis, Tennessee 10374 posts
7th Jan '13

I found out last night that I already have milk comin in. (colostrum I know...) but omg, they feel so full and HURT! I don't remember them hurting like this when I was pregnant with my son until I had him... I guess because this is the second baby I'm starting to feel the fullness earlier? I also had a miscarriage about two months before I got pregnant again... but I don't think that has anything to do with it.... either way. they HURT! :( My husband was messing around with me earlier, barely even touched them and I just about slapped him bc it hurt so bad. I know there's not enough to pump, so I won't even ATTEMPT that, even if I did I don't have a pump anyway... so short of that, I have GOT to find some kind of relief for it. I really need to find some nursing bras (that aren't too big, my SIL gave me one she used when she was pregnant with all three nieces but it's way to big at this point, 38C, I'm in a 34C.) Where can I get a good, comfortable nursing bra from for a good price?

zombie. 2 kids; Leadville, Colorado 23606 posts
7th Jan '13

Walmart! I love my cheap ones better than my morherhood maternity ones

*~AngelEyes~* 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Memphis, Tennessee 10374 posts
7th Jan '13
Quoting zombie.:" Walmart! I love my cheap ones better than my morherhood maternity ones"

The walmarts around here don't have maternity wear in store... did you have to get it offline?

snglemama 4 kids; Georgia 11978 posts
7th Jan '13

Definitely don't pump.... it releases oxytocin in your body which can cause a miscarriage.

Bra.. walmart of Motherhood Maternity. Their sleep bras are SO comfortable! they look like sports bras... but not tight and restricting... I lived in them...and still wear them on casual at home days.

slwandcls Due March 30 (girl); 3 kids; West Chester, Ohio 19 posts
7th Jan '13

Target or Kmart are good places to look, I have thisse problem and find warm compresses and lightly massage the breast starting at you chest and working your way to your nipples but defiantly do not pump. I try to allow time out of a bra also for me it seems like even with a proper fitting nursing bra the restriction makes them hurt more.

7th Jan '13
Quoting snglemama:" Definitely don't pump.... it releases oxytocin in your body which can cause a miscarriage. Bra.. walmart ... [snip!] ... they look like sports bras... but not tight and restricting... I lived in them...and still wear them on casual at home days."

I know no pumping. I'm gonna have o break down and get me a new bra, because none of my bras fit anymore, and I'm already leaking some. So bra is def in the question.

Mama Kat Due August 15 (boy); 2 kids; Kentucky 919 posts
7th Jan '13

Another BG momma suggested pea in a pod to me a lot I their stuff is expensive but they had a really good sell on bras the last time I looked. My youngest will be 2 next month and I noticed in march I still have my milk and on October my dr do blood work said everything is normal and now I'm pregnant again my breast are really sore and full. I'm defiantly have to buy a more supportive bra.

7th Jan '13
Quoting Mama Kat:" Another BG momma suggested pea in a pod to me a lot I their stuff is expensive but they had a really ... [snip!] ... is normal and now I'm pregnant again my breast are really sore and full. I'm defiantly have to buy a more supportive bra."

I know just what ya mean. Pea in the Pod is a little too expensive for me. (darn near 200 for a pair of pants? I'll pass...) But there's another maternity store about 30 minutes from here, and I'm hoping to be able to go out there soon and get me some clothes... I've GOT to. None of my stuff fits me right anymore lol (and I'm only 14 weeks... lol)

snglemama 4 kids; Georgia 11978 posts
7th Jan '13
Quoting Angeleyes1372:" I know no pumping. I'm gonna have o break down and get me a new bra, because none of my bras fit anymore, and I'm already leaking some. So bra is def in the question."

you don't even really need a nursing bra yet.. the purpose of them is to get at the breast. just get some pads.

Mama Kat Due August 15 (boy); 2 kids; Kentucky 919 posts
7th Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Angeleyes1372:</b>" I know just what ya mean. Pea in the Pod is a little too expensive for me. (darn near 200 for a pair ... [snip!] ... there soon and get me some clothes... I've GOT to. None of my stuff fits me right anymore lol (and I'm only 14 weeks... lol)"</blockquote>

They had a few pairs for $9.99 on clearance but I'm not sure if they are on their anymore. But I looked at their clothes and yeah no way I'm paying $60 for a damn shirt I'll only wear a few times plus with my other 2 pregnancy I never even wore maternity clothes so I'll just buy bigger clothes when the time comes.

7th Jan '13
Quoting Mama Kat:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Angeleyes1372:</b>" I know just what ya mean. Pea in the Pod ... [snip!] ... times plus with my other 2 pregnancy I never even wore maternity clothes so I'll just buy bigger clothes when the time comes."

I was gonna do that with my son, but I decided not to bc of the fact that I didn't want to have to get rid of a whole bunch of clothes I couldn't wear after having him. At least with the maternity clothes, I could still wear em after I had him. I can wear some of the stuff now as it is.