29 weeks cord around neck 2x Cassie Kay 4 kids; USA 46 posts
9th Jan '13

My doctor just informed me today that the cord was around my sons neck 2x. 2 years ago when I had my daughter we knew it was around her neck and they said it was all fine etc. I went into the hosp xmas day because she had stopped moving and was emergency c-section and she had almost died from the cord being so tight around her neck not getting enough air etc. So now of course I am very upset and worried. He is going to be an automatic c-section since my daughter was such a big emergency c-section but I guess I am just wondering if there is something I should be making sure my doctor is doing. He is saying he can't do much right now because I am so early etc. But I am wondering if I should be asking him about having weekly stress tests and then maybe delivering early? Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!

Summerfrost 51 kids; Massachusetts 5666 posts
status 9th Jan '13

Non-stress tests before 32 weeks are normally pretty useless. That's why most dr's won't start them until then. It's hard to get the baby to be on the monitor long enough to get looked at. Things you can do is get a doppler. You can rent them too. It might be worth asking about bi-weekly or weekly ultrasounds too which is what they do for me because of the diabetes and cervix issues i have during pregnancy. That has to be real scary.. :( Hope everything works out!

ThreeLittleBirds Due August 28; 3 kids; Pueblo West, CO, United States 940 posts
status 9th Jan '13

He should probably refer you to a perinatologist for higher level.ultrasound if its a matter of concern.

love my boys Xs three :) Due July 29; 2 kids; 1 angel baby; keystone heights, FL, United States 582 posts
9th Jan '13
Quoting ThreeLittleBirds:" He should probably refer you to a perinatologist for higher level.ultrasound if its a matter of concern."

:!::!: