34 week sonogram Brandi Milam 3 angel babies; Tucson, Arizona 574 posts
9th Jan '13

My doctor wants me to have another sonogram done at 34 weeks. I myself have not really put much weight on but I gained 8 pounds in 2 weeks.
Is it possible that my due date is off and my baby is just kinda chunky? I have been measuring ahead consistently by 2 weeks since 20 weeks and now I am 32 weeks and 4 days. My b**bs have gotten A LOT bigger. I started as an F-cup and am now almost an H-cup.
(Yes these sizes are real lol)
Thanks in advance for any input.

Allure Due November 27; 1 child; Ipswich, South Dakota 698 posts
9th Jan '13

Hmm, well I was told that my son was measuring ahead a couple weeks so on Monday I had a growth ultrasound done where basically they gave me an approximation of his weight. The ultrasound technician told me that it didnt necessarily mean my EDD was incorrect, though. My due date is still the same. :)

Edit: Mind sharing some of your boobage? :D

IOnlyMakeBoys (B.B.M) 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Texas 4754 posts
9th Jan '13

my first was always measuring ahead by 2 to 3 weeks so it is possible your baby is just big. My son was born at 34 weeks weighing 7 pounds 2 ounces and 19 inches long.

9th Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Mylittleone's (B.B.M):</b>" my first was always measuring ahead by 2 to 3 weeks so it is possible your baby is just big. My son was born at 34 weeks weighing 7 pounds 2 ounces and 19 inches long."</blockquote>

Goodness, imagine if he was term! :shock:

Brandi Milam 3 angel babies; Tucson, Arizona 574 posts
9th Jan '13
Quoting Allure:" Hmm, well I was told that my son was measuring ahead a couple weeks so on Monday I had a growth ultrasound ... [snip!] ... necessarily mean my EDD was incorrect, though. My due date is still the same. :) Edit: Mind sharing some of your boobage? :D"

I giggled at the last part of your response. I would share but I'm at work. haha They have been huge ever since I moved to Arizona.

9th Jan '13
Quoting Allure:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Mylittleone's (B.B.M):</b>" my first was always measuring ahead ... [snip!] ... born at 34 weeks weighing 7 pounds 2 ounces and 19 inches long."</blockquote> Goodness, imagine if he was term! :shock:"

Lol they estimated he would have been between 11 and 14 pounds :-/ if he would have gone term. I am not big on having a c-section but if he went to term and was that big I think I would have begged them to do it...

9th Jan '13
Quoting Mylittleone's (B.B.M):" my first was always measuring ahead by 2 to 3 weeks so it is possible your baby is just big. My son was born at 34 weeks weighing 7 pounds 2 ounces and 19 inches long."

Sounds like you guys have the genes for making big babies.

9th Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Brandi Milam:</b>" I giggled at the last part of your response. I would share but I'm at work. haha They have been huge ever since I moved to Arizona."</blockquote>

You put my C's to shame, haha. Your poor back must hurt like hell too. And LOL, I didn't mean you had to flash me. Just simply meant magically spread the wealth so mine get bigger!! Sharing is caring, after all. :wink:

9th Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Mylittleone's (B.B.M):</b>" Lol they estimated he would have been between 11 and 14 pounds :-/ if he would have gone term. I am ... [snip!] ... term. I am not big on having a c-section but if he went to term and was that big I think I would have begged them to do it..."</blockquote>

Damn girl, that is insane! Haha, I think you would have split in half if you were term and delivered vaginally ontop of that.

9th Jan '13

LOL I wish it was that easy. My mother is jealous cause mine are currently bigger than hers. I drink a lot of water though. I think it has something to do with AZ having hard water. But supposedly push ups help b**bs grow because you are working the muscles under them. But a baby belly gets in the way of that lol

9th Jan '13
Quoting Brandi Milam:" LOL I wish it was that easy. My mother is jealous cause mine are currently bigger than hers. I drink ... [snip!] ... push ups help b**bs grow because you are working the muscles under them. But a baby belly gets in the way of that lol"

I need to find some hard water lol this is my second pregnancy and I am just barely able to fit in a B cup

Tara M. 2 kids; Hagerstown, Maryland 443 posts
9th Jan '13

I feel ya on the b**b part!!! When I got pregnant I was 125..I'm now 37 weeks at 180 and I'm an F b**b from a C....I'm all baby though but hot damn, it is a pain!!! Anyway, I get monthly sono's and baby is on the bigger side...(so they say) But other than that they haven't really worried much about the weight because all my testing has come back negative for anything. I have been gaining a lb a day this past two weeks....finally it slowed down...

9th Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Brandi Milam:</b>" LOL I wish it was that easy. My mother is jealous cause mine are currently bigger than hers. I drink ... [snip!] ... push ups help b**bs grow because you are working the muscles under them. But a baby belly gets in the way of that lol"</blockquote>

Haha yeah, AZ is brutal!! I used to live in Tuscan so I know exactly what you mean.
I can't wait to get back in shape after I have the baby. :P

9th Jan '13
Quoting Tara McG:" I feel ya on the b**b part!!! When I got pregnant I was 125..I'm now 37 weeks at 180 and I'm an F b**b ... [snip!] ... my testing has come back negative for anything. I have been gaining a lb a day this past two weeks....finally it slowed down..."

I was the same way the past 2 weeks I gained 8 pounds and its weird. I'm carrying all in front to so its look out baby bump coming through any time I go in public. My customers love it though. I really don't want a weekly sono just because it's hard to get time of from work cause I'm the store manager and I only have one rep because my store is really slow.

angeljohnson Due March 2; St Paul, Minnesota 20 posts
9th Jan '13

i wouldnt worry too much it can be a number of things....if u have any swelling at all that can make u gain weight too quicker. I had the same thing happen i didnt gain any weight for 2 months then all of a sudden i gained 9lbs....when i asked the doc they said that i shouldnt worry cuz it could be water weight....if it continued to go that way then they would check into it more but an ultrasound will truly tell how big the baby is