3 year old Hitting Izzy's Mommy ♥ 1 child; Richland, Washington 15 posts
10th Jan '13

So my daughter will be 3 on the 21st of this month. She doesnt hit me or her dad she just attacks my sisters.She hits them kicks them and just like 10 min ago hit the 7 year old in the back of the head with a remote.

I have no idea why she is doing this and idk how to fix it can somebody give me advice on how to get it to stop!!!!!

user banned 3 kids; Ontario 10942 posts
10th Jan '13

Timeouts and redirection. Try getting on her level and getting lo to look you in the eyes and explain why hitting is not ok at all.

Explaining that it hurts and it hurst the persons feelings (making them sad) ask them if they want that person to feel sad, from being hit. I always did that with my lo's and it seemed to nip it in the butt right away......Good luck!

Izzy's Mommy ♥ 1 child; Richland, Washington 15 posts
10th Jan '13
Quoting crazy coupon lady:" Timeouts and redirection. Try getting on her level and getting lo to look you in the eyes and explain ... [snip!] ... to feel sad, from being hit. I always did that with my lo's and it seemed to nip it in the butt right away......Good luck!"

Your so lucky i get down and talk to her and do exactly that. she wont do it when we are around like daddy was going to the bathroom and i was vacuuming and i was turned around and she took the remote and hit the 7 year old with it

user banned 3 kids; Ontario 10942 posts
10th Jan '13
Quoting Izzy's Mommy ♥:" Your so lucky i get down and talk to her and do exactly that. she wont do it when we are around like ... [snip!] ... was going to the bathroom and i was vacuuming and i was turned around and she took the remote and hit the 7 year old with it"

Maybe try a reward system or something.
Something she likes like shiny stickers etc......and start off with like 7 (for each day of the week) and every time she does it, you take 1 away from her (like on a chart) IDK....maybe still too young for a reward system yet.
But only you would know that lol If she is capable of grasping that concept yet.