5 week old can't take breastmilk, what about 2 year old? MiMi & JuJuBee's Mom Satellite Beach, Florida 6 posts
16th Jan '13

I had my son 5 weeks ago and have switched him to completely soy formula because his stomach is so sensitive he couldn't keep regular formlua or breast milk down. The breast feeding nurse said that its best to give the baby as much breast milk as possible even if just a little because it like medicine to them and helps their immunity. Since he can't take it and my kids are going to start daycare soon. I was thinking about giving my milk to my 2 year old (in a bottle ofcourse) to help boost her immune system while she starts daycare. I gave her 1 oz today and she begged for more. Thoughts?

username1 1 child; Chicopee, MA, United States 30921 posts
16th Jan '13

not going to hurt her..but why in a bottle

user banned Due September 14 (boy); 1 child; Rhode Island 6726 posts
16th Jan '13

That's fine... why wouldn't you be able to? I'd put it in a sippy though, not a bottle.

lolajessup 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Beaverton, Michigan 44070 posts
16th Jan '13

If your baby is lactose intolerant u just don't eat or drink dairy and then they can bf. and yes your 2 yr old can have it. I'd use a sippy.

MiMi & JuJuBee's Mom Satellite Beach, Florida 6 posts
16th Jan '13

Maybe I could give it to her once at night with a bottle while rocking her. Our relationship has suffered since her brother was born and shes acting out so I'm thinking that could help. I'd brush her teeth after. But do u think it is good for her like him, will it help her immune system?

lolajessup 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Beaverton, Michigan 44070 posts
16th Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting MiMi & JuJuBee's Mom:</b>" Maybe I could give it to her once at night with a bottle while rocking her. Our relationship has suffered ... [snip!] ... that could help. I'd brush her teeth after. But do u think it is good for her like him, will it help her immune system?"</blockquote>

Yes it'll help her immune system. But does she still use a bottle?

Jillian Lindsey 2 kids; Mosheim, Tennessee 2354 posts
16th Jan '13

Yes but not in a bottle

Jillian Lindsey 2 kids; Mosheim, Tennessee 2354 posts
16th Jan '13

Yes but not in a bottle

MiMi & JuJuBee's Mom Satellite Beach, Florida 6 posts
16th Jan '13

Unfortunatly, we moved back in with my mom not having any bottles and while my mom watched her while i went to school she got her back on them and now she is crazy about a bottle of water when she goes to bed. I don't agree with it and I don't like it but Co-parenting with my parents, theres some things that are best to just let happen. I'm very religious and they ARE NOT and when it comes to important things I don't want them to do or be around they don't go against me. I'm very strict with what I don't want them to see on tv or see them doing and they compromise there. Now the bottle thing gets on my nerves but Ive gotten them to only give her water in the bottle. But if I did breast milk once every night close to bed time then brushed her teeth, I think that'd be good.

user banned Due September 14 (boy); 1 child; Rhode Island 6726 posts
16th Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting MiMi & JuJuBee's Mom:</b>" Unfortunatly, we moved back in with my mom not having any bottles and while my mom watched her while ... [snip!] ... in the bottle. But if I did breast milk once every night close to bed time then brushed her teeth, I think that'd be good."</blockquote>

Uhm you coparent with your parents? That's weird. I live with my mom but my child is still MY child. She in no way shape or form tries to parent my daughter.

I would put my foot down with the bottle thing. A 2 year old is way too old to have a bottle, it is going to end up messing up her teeth.