36 weeks and baby is small:( Amanda Rugg Due February 11; 21 kids; Pennsylvania 111 posts
16th Jan '13

hello..i went for my u/s today im 36 weeks today they said westin is only 4lbs 14oz! i am worried there is something wrong..i only have 4 weeks left and i pray he puts on weight.

lolajessup Due July 25; 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Beaverton, Michigan 44057 posts
16th Jan '13

Some babies are just small. My friend just had a 5lb 13 oz baby full term. He's perfectly fine.

Mom of Tristan/Rayah/Keat 3 kids; Alberta 2068 posts
16th Jan '13

My first baby was 5 13 and he was term he was perfectly healthy. I wouldn't worry too much.

*Lindsey* 3 kids; Alberta 8798 posts
16th Jan '13

They cant tell exact weight by u/s. They told me what mine weighed as well and she actually came out weighing a pound more than they told me.

hobbit* 3 kids; New Zealand 44783 posts
16th Jan '13

Did they say the baby is small for gestation? I was told a baby puts on half a pound a week in the last 4 weeks of pregnancy. I don't know how true that is.small babies can be perfectly healthy, my daughter was born at fullterm and weighed 5lb 7oz. She's perfect with no health issues at 5months old and only 12lbs now. Everything will be fine :D

my_babies Due March 15; 317 posts
16th Jan '13

Some babies are small. As long as he is healthy is what matter. He would be a healthy beautiful baby when he gets here.

Brandi Milam 3 angel babies; Tucson, Arizona 574 posts
16th Jan '13

At this point, your lo should put on a half pound a week.

Amanda Rugg Due February 11; 21 kids; Pennsylvania 111 posts
16th Jan '13

thanks girls it just has me worried cause he had a soft marker for downs they said everything looks awesome just hes little but i still have that in my mine does he have down syndrome! if he would i would still love him just as much just worried of the problems that can come with it..

hobbit* 3 kids; New Zealand 44783 posts
16th Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Amanda Rugg:</b>" thanks girls it just has me worried cause he had a soft marker for downs they said everything looks awesome ... [snip!] ... he have down syndrome! if he would i would still love him just as much just worried of the problems that can come with it.."</blockquote>

If course! It's only natural to want a healthy baby :)
Don't worry unless there's a reason too, you might just have a small baby in there :D

Amanda Rugg Due February 11; 21 kids; Pennsylvania 111 posts
16th Jan '13
Quoting hobbit*:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Amanda Rugg:</b>" thanks girls it just has me worried cause ... [snip!] ... only natural to want a healthy baby :) Don't worry unless there's a reason too, you might just have a small baby in there :D"

thank you:) the dr said it looks like hes just gonna be a little baby i had blood work done and it came back no downs and the dr also said that babies with downs its different parts of the baby that is small and my baby everything about him is small i just keep faith and let it up to god he knows what hes doin:)

Mariah Edwards Due April 8; 1 child; Bardwell, Kentucky 9 posts
16th Jan '13

My daughter weighed 4 lbs 14ounces when she was born at 39 week. She was perfectly healthy besides that she had to be put in an isolet for a day because she didnt have enough fat to keep her warm. Little babies are very strong.

*Mac and Keagan's Momma* Due May 28; 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Kitchener, Ontario 8571 posts
16th Jan '13

At 36 weeks they said my daughter was only 4 pounds and when she came out at 40 she weighed 7 pounds 1 ounce. She has been my biggest baby but is now my petite little princess. Try not to worry. Our little one may be small but as long as they are healthy that is what matters.

2013mommy Due February 28; Mountain Home, Idaho 77 posts
16th Jan '13

he still got a few weeks to grow. My Dr told me in the beginning of my pregnancy that my lo one little, but thats nothing to worry about. The smaller ones generally are healthier when they are born then the larger ones,i can't remember why right now but i think it just had something to do with how they regulate their blood flow after they are born...so as long your Dr wasn't worried about it, i wouldn't strees about it, not every baby comes out 8lbs.

A, E & W's mommy Due October 21; Bulgaria 15280 posts
16th Jan '13

I was told that my baby girl was 4 lbs 15 oz at 35+1 and she was born 3 weeks later at 38 weeks weighing 7lbs 14 oz. I'm pretty sure there is no way a baby can gain that much weight in that amount of time so I'm going to say they were pretty off on their weight guesstimate and under shot by a fair bit, maybe they have for you to, it's not exactly uncommon for them to get it wrong.

A, E & W's mommy Due October 21; Bulgaria 15280 posts
16th Jan '13
Quoting Amanda Rugg:" thank you:) the dr said it looks like hes just gonna be a little baby i had blood work done and ... [snip!] ... baby that is small and my baby everything about him is small i just keep faith and let it up to god he knows what hes doin:)"

That's right about the weight distribution. One of my best friends IRL has a wonderful baby boy who was born 2.5 yrs ago and they took him early at 32 weeks because he was extremely small for his gestation (2 lbs 3 oz) and his head was proportionally a great deal bigger than the rest of his body indicating that his body was freaking out over a lack of nutrition and putting it all to the major organs required for survival.