4 yo drama? Punk Rock Princess {EBFT} 3 kids; Killeen, Texas 26868 posts
20th Jan '13

Is it a normal phase for a 4 yo to suddenly start crying over everything, on a dime? When he's mad, upset, doesn't get his way..it's driving me crazy. And after a few minutes he abruptly stops and says "mama, I'm fine". Grr. I've started telling him he's being too loud and needs to go to his room if he's going to have a fit because it hurts my ears.

username1 1 child; Chicopee, MA, United States 30921 posts
20th Jan '13

normal for my son.he has no patience and has anger issues since hes turned 4..gets upset over any little thing

Monica♥YASDYARDFR 17 kids; Beverly Hills, California 57063 posts
20th Jan '13

We've been dealing with this and it suddenly started like a month ago. She will be crying and yelling one second but fine the next. I took y daughter to play therapy because it freaked me out so much.

Supafly★ 2 kids; Poland 14109 posts
20th Jan '13
Quoting
username1 1 child; Chicopee, MA, United States 30921 posts
20th Jan '13

sometimes i cant help but laugh because i know hes faking...mostly when hes put in timeout he screams and cries and soon as i say time out is done it stops IMMEDIATELY im like wow :roll:

Punk Rock Princess {EBFT} 3 kids; Killeen, Texas 26868 posts
20th Jan '13

He screamed and cried a lot over his first 3 years or so because he's autistic and speech delayed. He has been great for the last year or so but this started all of a sudden and it's driving me mad! My 2 yo cries when he cries too so I can't even think because of all the noise!

20th Jan '13
Quoting
Jays*Mama 2 kids; Michigan 5670 posts
20th Jan '13

My son is 4 and he is just like that. I swear its way worse than terrible twos. I laugh sometimes because he gets so angry over little things like not being able to open something or it not going his way. Glad I'm not alone!

Pin.ʞ.y♥Squish 1 child; Rīga, Latvia 64806 posts
20th Jan '13

Yeah my daughter does that. I never had terrible twos, i have terrible fours. She even has tantrums where she throws herself on the ground and kicks and screams.

21st Jan '13

Glad it's a typical thing and not an autism thing then. :)