4 yr old being bad amberkuhn14 2 kids; Lyons, Kansas 3 posts
21st Jan '13

my 4 yr old does not listen and always changes her clothes and talks like a baby im going crazy cause i have a son who is almost 2 when will she get out of this stage

Sarah ♥ K&K 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Oceanside, CA, United States 112422 posts
21st Jan '13

Being bad? Maybe by college it will be out of her system.

HotMom21ERF Due December 17; 1 child; Kentucky 19589 posts
21st Jan '13
Quoting Sarah Bare-ah♡:" Being bad? Maybe by college it will be out of her system."

:D

lolajessup Due July 25; 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Beaverton, Michigan 44057 posts
21st Jan '13

I just tell my dd to use her big girl voice. Otherwise I ignore her.

[♥]Mrs. Taylor 18 kids; Texas 12250 posts
21st Jan '13

What do you do when she changes clothes?

As for the baby talk, is she doing it on purpose or does she actually have speech issues? If its on purpose I would tell her that I can't understand her, and talk to me normally. Then I wouldn't answer her until she talks normally.

amberkuhn14 2 kids; Lyons, Kansas 3 posts
21st Jan '13

i tell her to go put her clothes back on but she always wants to wear dresses we r thinking about taking all her summer clothes out but she won't change back its a fight every day and the baby talk i tell her im not talking to her and shes stops for little bit

1 child; Chicopee, MA, United States 30921 posts
21st Jan '13

maybe the baby talk is because shes jealous of the younger one, and just doing it for attention. just tell her you wont listen to her unless she talks like a big girl, and if she continues just ignore it

Not tellin 3 kids; Montana 55982 posts
21st Jan '13
Quoting amberkuhn14:" my 4 yr old does not listen and always changes her clothes and talks like a baby im going crazy cause i have a son who is almost 2 when will she get out of this stage"

Totally normal!

Impliment a "thinking spot". take away time out. tell her to do something and if she stands there and gives you grief start counting to 3. on three take her to her thinking spot. Tell her why she is there, give her 2 choices to pick from on how to correct the behavior (one obviously being the more bennificial answer) and leave her for 4 min. Go back and ask her if she thought about it. If she hasn't, leave her there and go back and check in a few more min.

Also, go here www.freeprintablebehaviorcharts.com

These have been saving my ass in my house. I have 4yr old twins. It is a constant battle between them and their 2yr old brother. They have 4 things to work on. The reward is the sticker. If they don't get a sicker on the chart of one of their boxes for the day (give room for error, they are kids), my kids loose a privlidge or a toy. never take anything they can't earn back.

lolajessup Due July 25; 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Beaverton, Michigan 44057 posts
21st Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting amberkuhn14:</b>" i tell her to go put her clothes back on but she always wants to wear dresses we r thinking about taking ... [snip!] ... she won't change back its a fight every day and the baby talk i tell her im not talking to her and shes stops for little bit"</blockquote>

That's a typical 4 yr old. She's not being bad. I just make my dd han the clothes back up that didn't get dirty when she's Ina change your clothes 100x a day mood. That's not a battle worth fighting IMO.