Reply

Cast Your Vote:

    • Finish the semester -- Votes: 11
    • Just wait and start over once you are a resident -- Votes: 4
Should I continue with school or wait? Chellie Due September 19 (boy); 2 kids; Vegas, Nv, United States 4253 posts
22nd Jan '13

So DH has it in his head that we are going to move. Honestly I am all for it aside from the fact I just registered for school and I start February 11th. We would move some time late May most likely. However I don't finish with the semester until mid-June. It would be feasible for me to come back the last few weeks for school to finish it since it would be a 5 hour drive give or take, but it is the mileage and gas with the car (a Jeep is not very gas efficient). We would be moving from Upland,CA to around Las Vegas, NV. I have two classes online and one of which I need to go to school for the final. Two classes on campus and one of which I am waitlisted for the online course so I could drop the campus one if I got it.



I don't want to just drop the classes now and end up with not moving because he can't find a job. I also want to get closer to my degree even though I have to wait a year to be considered a resident in Nevada to go to school there and not pay the out of state fees. DH doesn't care what I decide but I am having such a hard time because I don't want to waste the gas and then stay out here (my class is monday and tuesday and I can stay with my parents or in-laws) and be away from my kids especially while breastfeeding my baby.



I contemplated talking to my professors the first day about taking the final early (for the campus classes) since I would be there most of the semester, just the last few weeks would be a pain. Do you think that would be ok to do?



Opinions, advice or what would you do in this situation?