39 Weeks with bad cramps Rebecca Lynn kinq 2 kids; Muscatine, Iowa 55 posts
26th Jan '13

Im 39 Weeks and having very bad cramps at my last appt Monday I was dilated to 2 cm ive had a little bit of mucus come out while using the bathroom should I go to labor and delivery? Or wait to see if I start contracting?

Yurvette [♥] 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Hyrule Castle, LZ, San Marino 36618 posts
26th Jan '13

Wait to see if it gets worse and you start contracting.

The Pretender 2 kids; Brazil 1232 posts
26th Jan '13

Those bad cramps might BE contractions. Call the ob floor and describe them to the nurses- they'll help you determine

Summerfrost 51 kids; Massachusetts 6830 posts
26th Jan '13

Cramping is most likely contractions, but early ones. You don't need to go in unless they're 3 t o5 minutes apart, you can't talk through them, and they last over a minute. Good luck! :)

Bri + 1.5 <3 Due October 20 (girl); 1 child; Florida 4350 posts
26th Jan '13

You could always call your OB & let them know how you are feeling. They may advise you to come in.

anonymom + 1.5 2 kids; West Virginia 10787 posts
26th Jan '13

I never would have described my contractions with DS as contractions... they never felt intense enough. Luckily my doula and mama knew different. I would see if they're timeable, walk around a bit, take a bath, see if they stop or get stronger.

Little G's Mama Due December 23 (boy); 1 child; Pennsylvania 6164 posts
26th Jan '13

don't go in unless your contraction are 3 to 5 minutes apart or your water breaks and you are GBS positive

TTC Baby Maryland, MD, United States 448 posts
26th Jan '13
Quoting Rebecca Lynn kinq:" Im 39 Weeks and having very bad cramps at my last appt Monday I was dilated to 2 cm ive had a little ... [snip!] ... little bit of mucus come out while using the bathroom should I go to labor and delivery? Or wait to see if I start contracting?"

I just started having the same thing happen today. I am waiting on a call back from my doctor now...Good Luck...

Rebecca Lynn kinq 2 kids; Muscatine, Iowa 55 posts
26th Jan '13

Tara let me know wat they say, are u dilated? And I should wait even tho im dilated? Im just worried im going to wait to long I guess ill call labor and delivery and just ask them I just feel like a bother when I call my ob the nurse always says "weird things happen when ur pregnant"

26th Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Rebecca Lynn kinq:</b>" Tara let me know wat they say, are u dilated? And I should wait even tho im dilated? Im just worried ... [snip!] ... and just ask them I just feel like a bother when I call my ob the nurse always says "weird things happen when ur pregnant""</blockquote>

I'm 3 and fully effaced since Thursday. She told me to labor at home as long as I can....so that's what I'm doing....she said more than likely its starting....

26th Jan '13

I guess ill just wait then if the pain gets to bad ill just go out there, with my first child I went in for a stress test and they saw on the monitors thay I was having contractions so they admitted me I was only dilated to two then so they must not care to bad if im dilated moe than that

26th Jan '13
Quoting Rebecca Lynn kinq:" I guess ill just wait then if the pain gets to bad ill just go out there, with my first child I went ... [snip!] ... having contractions so they admitted me I was only dilated to two then so they must not care to bad if im dilated moe than that"

Yea, I would wait it out...I just started having contractions about 20 min ago that I could tell apart from the cramping....So I'm watching those. My body though has been trying to kick itself into labor for 2 weeks now and it has yet to do so...I am scheduled for an induction on Monday morning so I'm not too worried, but really the more dilation and progression I make now will only better the induction.
Good Luck :)

JOJO&DANI 2 kids; Nebraska 2475 posts
26th Jan '13

I was sent home when my contractions were 5 mins apart cuz I was not dilating and they said to time them for 2 hours being at 5 mins apart and unbearable then come back unless im bleeding or water breaks if water breaks to hurry in becouse of dry labor she said that is painful and stresses baby out ? good luck with the waiting game

26th Jan '13

They've actually stopped earlier so now its really the waiting game

Summerfrost 51 kids; Massachusetts 6830 posts
26th Jan '13
Quoting Rebecca Lynn kinq:" They've actually stopped earlier so now its really the waiting game"

I think that issue with dilation is that you can stay dilated by 1 to 3 cm's for a long time. I personally sat at 3cm's for just about 6 weeks last time. They don't consider it active labor unless you're 4+ and having timeable contractions for at least an hour or 2. For me personally, there is a huge difference between the contractions i get at under 4cm's and the contractions i get at 7 or 8 cm's dilated.