3 year olds hair thinning? Vivian [♥] 2 kids; Balls Deep, in, Georgia 13923 posts
31st Jan '13

The last few months DD's hair has gotten thinner, on one side. I figured it was where she slept, but she doesn't sleep on just one side.
She is an extremely picky eater, so I'm wondering if there is a vitamin deficiency going on. We can get her to drink just about anything, so I make a lot of smoothies with veggies in them. We also give her Flintstones vitamins, but she gets picky about those too.
I haven't brought it up to her pedi yet. I wanted to see if any of your LO's have had this happen.

Booger & Bubba's Mommy 18 kids; Illinois 8136 posts
31st Jan '13

In the pictures it doesn't look much different. They have gummie vitamins that she might eat.

She watching ice age. :)

Vivian [♥] 2 kids; Balls Deep, in, Georgia 13923 posts
31st Jan '13
Quoting Booger & Bubba's Mommy:" In the pictures it doesn't look much different. They have gummie vitamins that she might eat. She watching ice age. :)"

ya I guess I don't have a lot of pictures of the back of her head right now. But you can see through her hair, see her neck and whatever is in front of her :(

Ya, she was being babysat by a friend and that's "their movie", they watch it everytime they are together hahah

Hairspray 18 kids; Ohio 7391 posts
31st Jan '13

It looks longer now. The longer her hair is the less curly it will be due to the weight of it. Also if she isn't getting it trimmed that could cause it to become stringy looking.

31st Jan '13
Quoting Hairspray:" It looks longer now. The longer her hair is the less curly it will be due to the weight of it. Also if she isn't getting it trimmed that could cause it to become stringy looking."

I figured the length would weigh it down as well. But I couldn't see through her hair a few months ago :(

31st Jan '13
Quoting Vivian [♥]:" I figured the length would weigh it down as well. But I couldn't see through her hair a few months ago :("

I know when my hair is shorter it looks thick. It's down my back now and is so thin and stringy. I'm going to get most of it cut off on Sat since it looks so thin.

31st Jan '13
Quoting Hairspray:" I know when my hair is shorter it looks thick. It's down my back now and is so thin and stringy. I'm going to get most of it cut off on Sat since it looks so thin."

ya, I'm going to take her in for a trim. She's going to freak out though :oops:
I just don't know where she got this thin hair from in the first place. It is NOT my gene, that's for sure.

31st Jan '13
Quoting Vivian [♥]:" ya, I'm going to take her in for a trim. She's going to freak out though :oops: I just don't know where she got this thin hair from in the first place. It is NOT my gene, that's for sure."

lol I'm one of 6 and everyone got thick her but me. I hate it! If I could change one thing about myself it would be to have long, thick hair.

31st Jan '13
Quoting Hairspray:" lol I'm one of 6 and everyone got thick her but me. I hate it! If I could change one thing about myself it would be to have long, thick hair."

My sisters and I and my mom all have the SAME hair. It's wavy and thick and grows like a weed. I just assumed DD would get it. But nope. But I'm looking at a baby pic of me, well 2 1/2, and my hair doesn't look as thick. So I have hopes hers will get thicker haha

Booger & Bubba's Mommy 18 kids; Illinois 8136 posts
31st Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Vivian [♥]:</b>" ya, I'm going to take her in for a trim. She's going to freak out though :oops: I just don't know where she got this thin hair from in the first place. It is NOT my gene, that's for sure."</blockquote>

Do they have kiddie salons near you? We have ones where they sit in cars with a sucker watching a movie.

Ds1 has my thick quick growing hair. Ds2 has his dads slow growing super thin hair. It's hilarious to see the difference in them.

31st Jan '13
Quoting Booger & Bubba's Mommy:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Vivian [♥]:</b>" ya, I'm going to take her in for a ... [snip!] ... has my thick quick growing hair. Ds2 has his dads slow growing super thin hair. It's hilarious to see the difference in them."

I'm sure they do. This town is huge and has everything ha. Going to look around!