12 year old girl shoots intruder.. EnnaBennaBanana Due February 2; 2 kids; Maryland 6195 posts
3rd Feb '13

If you are anti-gun what do you think of this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPfz7ENFUB0

user banned Due April 8; 1 child; Washington 11352 posts
3rd Feb '13

I'm not anti-gun but wow she is brave to do that. Good for her honestly.

_The Rainmaker_ 2 kids; Houston, Texas 1062 posts
3rd Feb '13

Omg. They need a better news reporter. What's up with her voice?

Anywho, I think she did the right thing.

EnnaBennaBanana Due February 2; 2 kids; Maryland 6195 posts
3rd Feb '13
Quoting risssa ♥:" I'm not anti-gun but wow she is brave to do that. Good for her honestly."

:) Yup I feel the same!

user banned Due September 18 (boy); 1 child; California 21617 posts
3rd Feb '13

I'm not anti-gun, i'm just pro stricter gun laws and I don't think there is a NEED for assault weapons. But anyways, we have guns and when our kids are old enough we will teach them how to use them for exactly this reason.

3rd Feb '13
Quoting Mama♥Sweetpea:" I'm not anti-gun, i'm just pro stricter gun laws and I don't think there is a NEED for assault weapons. ... [snip!] ... But anyways, we have guns and when our kids are old enough we will teach them how to use them for exactly this reason. "

I'm not for assault weapons being taken away from the public. (they aren't even orginally called assault weapons that name was made by the media) I know people with AKs and what not. And I don't believe banning them would stop criminals.
Example..the 1999 Columbine massacre happened during the 1994-2004 Assault Weapons ban. That law didn't prevent Columbine.

However, I am not going to get into that on here, everyone has their own personal feelings on this matter and that's fine.
I think it's awesome you are planning on having your children learn to use a gun when they are older. I think it's good for children to learn gun safety and how to handle a gun and all that!
I'm going to go watch a movie with the husband before bed.. so sorry this was kinda a post and run but I hope you all have a great night!!! :)

I♥RYLEIGH 49 kids; Windsor, Ontario 10434 posts
3rd Feb '13

Wow good for her! That was very brave of her.

user banned 3 kids; Los Angeles, California 54034 posts
3rd Feb '13

Doesn't make me like or want guns anywhere around me, ever. Good for her though, glad it worked out.

emerald01 1 child; Oregon 3943 posts
4th Feb '13

I don't think she used an AR-15. I'm not anti gun but anti having more than 10 round magazines.

4th Feb '13
Quoting emerald01:" I don't think she used an AR-15. I'm not anti gun but anti having more than 10 round magazines. "

Well i disagree with you there. But in general I was asking this to anti-gun people. Not to anti-not having more then 10 round magazines.

The Master 2 kids; Perth, Australia 19989 posts
5th Feb '13

I think what the f**k is a 12 year old doing having access to a gun?

5th Feb '13
Quoting Destiel:" I think what the f**k is a 12 year old doing having access to a gun? "

Her mom told her to get the gun.

I know I grew up in a home with guns. I went to the shooting range growing up alot with my parents and shot. I know if I was home alone at 12 or 13 and called my dad scared because someone was breaking in they would tell me to get the gun to so that I could protect myself. Aswell as calling the police.