25 weeks Lots of pressure, some pain, and urge to push/uncom Kaydon Oh Myy Due May 18; San Antonio, Texas 112 posts
4th Feb '13

I am 24 weeks pregnant and since about last week I have had pressure and pain here and there. Not to often. Have also been really faint/dizzy, I throw up almost constantly.
Around 8 pm last night the pressure intensified along with the pain off and on till I was finally able to fall asleep around Midnight. Pressure and pain lessened but now I have this weird feeling (almost like I have a tampon in and my body keeps telling me to push it out) but there's nothing there as far as I can tell. (Sorry if tmi).

Called on-call OB. He kept asking me if it felt like menstrual cramping or contractions. I've never had either of the sort so I'm not sure what to do or how to explain it :(.

Please help. I'm 18 years old, first baby. Really worried, premature labor is common in my family.

Kaydon Oh Myy Due May 18; San Antonio, Texas 112 posts
4th Feb '13

Not sure why it says I live in Japan. I live in Texas.

Clopton™ 2 kids; Tulsa, OK, United States 3233 posts
4th Feb '13

Go to the hospital? That's what I would do if I thought I was in preterm labor....

♥BakedACake♥ 2 kids; Hillsboro, Missouri 2961 posts
4th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Kaydon Myy:</b>" I am 24 weeks pregnant and since about last week I have had pressure and pain here and there. Not to ... [snip!] ... or how to explain it :(. Please help. I'm 18 years old, first baby. Really worried, premature labor is common in my family."</blockquote>

Go go labor and deliverly to be safe and you have to change your settings

4th Feb '13

My anxiety is running a little high, so I guess I will go. Even just to put my mind at ease.
Thank you loves.

GL♣PC♥BC Due May 5; 2 kids; Atlanta, GA, United States 9395 posts
4th Feb '13

If you go to l&d they can hook you up to monitors to tell if they are contractions or not and check your cervix for any changes.. But your uterus will get very tight with a contraction and not a cramp. Are you drinking plenty of fluids? Does the sensation change when you lie/sit down?
Although I get pressure here and there and I know its just the baby's head pushing down

4th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting GL♣PB:</b>" If you go to l&d they can hook you up to monitors to tell if they are contractions or not and check your ... [snip!] ... sensation change when you lie/sit down? Although I get pressure here and there and I know its just the baby's head pushing down"</blockquote>

My mom is on her way back from work. She has no idea what it could be either. so headed to L&D. not sure if I have to go in through ER or not. The tightness and urge to push feeling is what really has me worried. And he hasn't been moving much except for a kick here and there. It does feel like he might be upside down though. I've tried to move him around and rotate him to see if that would help. When I lay down it gets a little better.
Thank you.

4th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting GL♣PB:</b>" If you go to l&d they can hook you up to monitors to tell if they are contractions or not and check your ... [snip!] ... sensation change when you lie/sit down? Although I get pressure here and there and I know its just the baby's head pushing down"</blockquote>

Also I drink as much water/Gatorade As I can. Just sipping, but I can't always keep it down. And I've alway been naturally dehydrated most of my life.

Inc0gnitus 2 kids; Anchorage, Alaska 4325 posts
4th Feb '13

Definitely go to the ER, it could be pre-term labor OR you might be dehydrated from all of the vomiting. Either way, you need to be seen by a Dr.

It may be neither of those, but off the top of my head those are what come to mind.

GL♣PC♥BC Due May 5; 2 kids; Atlanta, GA, United States 9395 posts
4th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Kaydon Oh Myy:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting GL♣PB:</b>" If you go to l&d they can hook you up to monitors ... [snip!] ... I've tried to move him around and rotate him to see if that would help. When I lay down it gets a little better. Thank you."</blockquote>

No, you are past 24 weeks, you just go to l&d. Hope everything is okay, doesn't hurt to get checked out, especially since its your first. But it sounds like you're dehydrated

4th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting GL♣PB:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting Kaydon Oh Myy:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting GL♣PB:</b>" ... [snip!] ... Hope everything is okay, doesn't hurt to get checked out, especially since its your first. But it sounds like you're dehydrated"</blockquote>

Okay, thank you. Me too.

love my boys Xs three :) Due July 29; 2 kids; 1 angel baby; keystone heights, FL, United States 582 posts
4th Feb '13

Just go straight to L & D the ER may make you wait for a while... i would def make sure it's nothing though.. it's better to be safe than sorry! good luck!

Chels :3 Florida 2017 posts
4th Feb '13

My L&D is baby place at bayfront, and they have their own entrance. But if I go to St. Pete Gen. I go through the ER. And it takes like 20-30 minutes. Like I went in for an abscessed tooth and protocol had me go get monitored. And it only took about 30-45 mins. But good luck. Try and drink water and power aid and laying down it almost sounds like dehydration especially if you're puking constantly. Power aid is better than Gatorade at hydrating. Gatorade helps to stay hydrated so get some of that, and breathe mama :( Good luck.

4th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Chels :3:</b>" My L&D is baby place at bayfront, and they have their own entrance. But if I go to St. Pete Gen. ... [snip!] ... aid is better than Gatorade at hydrating. Gatorade helps to stay hydrated so get some of that, and breathe mama :( Good luck."</blockquote>

Thank you c:. I went and they checked for contractions. None so far, heart beat is a little slow for 25 weeks. But they did an ultrasound and turned out he was trying to crawl into my pelvic area and is just pushing against everything really hard cus hes gotten bigger and they think I was also having some Braxton Hicks. I do have a nerve disease and fibromyalgia so they think that's what made the pain so unusually bad.

4th Feb '13

Thank you every :) my mind is at ease at least for a bit.
. I went and they checked for contractions. None so far, heart beat is a little slow for 25 weeks. But they did an ultrasound and turned out he was trying to crawl into my pelvic area and is just pushing against everything and they think I was also having some Braxton Hicks. I do have a nerve disease and fibromyalgia so they think that's what made the pain so unusually bad.