5 months &1 week says mama FTM Michelle :) TTC since Sep 2014; 1 child; Ohio 316 posts
4th Feb '13

Okay so my son is about 5 months and 1 week and for the past 3 days hes been saying mama. I know he probably doesn't know what it means hes just saying it because it gets my attention. Normally he will roll onto his stomach and just say "Mmmmmmmmmmm ma ma mmmmmmm" kinda like saying something was good mmmmm lol. and he was upset yesterday and looked to me with arms opened and said mama. He just melts my heart. So my question is when did you child say mama?

Oh another question when I was on the phone with my grandma she heard him say mama and got excited she told me that an old wives tale was whatever your childs first word is (Out of mama and dada) thats the sex of your next child? Anyone heard of this before? lol I thought it was fun to hear.

❀Sarah❀ 2 kids; Cocking, EU, Europe 121521 posts
4th Feb '13

Both my sons started babbling around 4 months, they would say mamamama, nananan, dadadadada

I've never heard that wives tale it isnt true in my case.

Chibs 2 kids; Missouri 12147 posts
4th Feb '13

Around 6 months but didn't start realizing what mama meant until around a year

And the old wives tale was true for my mom for all 3 kids lol

* MRS KING * 2 kids; Whitesboro, Oklahoma 1550 posts
4th Feb '13

First fifteen minutes of her life she said it at three separate times 8)
But she didnt know what she was saying. Id saying she knew what she was saying at about four months, when she would cry shed look at me and say mama. And she knew what i was. But it didnt last long, she says only dadda now and has for about six or seven months. :(

~Raylan's Mama~ 1 child; Tennessee 2116 posts
4th Feb '13

My son started saying mama around 5 months.

And I have never heard the wives take before, however my first word was Dada and my mom's next was a boy :)

Arwen Und 2 kids; Wisconsin 519 posts
4th Feb '13
Quoting FTM Michelle :):" Okay so my son is about 5 months and 1 week and for the past 3 days hes been saying mama. I know he probably ... [snip!] ... word is (Out of mama and dada) thats the sex of your next child? Anyone heard of this before? lol I thought it was fun to hear."

Ahhh please don't say that's true! I want another girl in the future not a boy.. DD said dadda first and that is still her favorite word.

FTM Michelle :) TTC since Sep 2014; 1 child; Ohio 316 posts
5th Feb '13
Quoting Leah Bee:" Ahhh please don't say that's true! I want another girl in the future not a boy.. DD said dadda first and that is still her favorite word."

The old wives have spoken!!! lol :)

That's Ohio 624 posts
5th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting FTM Michelle :):</b>" Okay so my son is about 5 months and 1 week and for the past 3 days hes been saying mama. I know he probably ... [snip!] ... word is (Out of mama and dada) thats the sex of your next child? Anyone heard of this before? lol I thought it was fun to hear."</blockquote>

We are having a boy next if that is true! Lol! My dd will only say Ma when she wants some comfort. Her babbling is always dada dada! I try to get her to say mama but she just smiles and waves.

♥ my girls 2 kids; Australia 188 posts
5th Feb '13

My 4 month old DD always says mum mum, when she is crying lol, she obviously doesn't know she is saying it, but its still so sad and cute lol