6 days of labor = 1 tired momma Youlanda Douros 17 kids; Rolla, Missouri 73 posts
5th Feb '13

So my obgyn stripped my membranes and didn't ask me or my husband or anything!!!! I've been to l&d three times cause I thought I was gonna pop him out. I haven't had any problems with this pregnancy till now. Then I get a call Friday saying he left and now I have to find a new one!!! I guess I'm just pissed cause he should have freaking asked. So I've been in pain for nothing. Contractions every 3-4 minutes, for 1 minute long. I'm dilated to a 4 so they won't give me anything to stop them or slow them down. Another reason I'm pissed is cause I was 38 weeks when he done it. Which I know to some ppl is full term but to me I wanted him to bake as long as possible. I'm just worn out and frustrated. ;( sorry just had to vent. ;(

The Master 2 kids; Perth, Australia 19989 posts
5th Feb '13
Quoting Youlanda Douros:" So my obgyn stripped my membranes and didn't ask me or my husband or anything!!!! I've been to l&d three ... [snip!] ... full term but to me I wanted him to bake as long as possible. I'm just worn out and frustrated. ;( sorry just had to vent. ;("

stripping the membranes isn't going to do anything if you're not already ready to go into labor.

Mr's&Family* 2 kids; Arizona 3696 posts
5th Feb '13

Oh wow!
I'm sorry :(

Just know there's a light at the end of the tunnel!

user banned Altadena, California 11084 posts
5th Feb '13

I was contracting every 5-10 minutes from 15 weeks. Once I hit 32 it was 3-5.

Youlanda Douros 17 kids; Rolla, Missouri 73 posts
5th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting I'm Marbles:</b>" I was contracting every 5-10 minutes from 15 weeks. Once I hit 32 it was 3-5."</blockquote>

I'm sorry. That had to suck. ;(

5th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Mr's&Family*:</b>" Oh wow! I'm sorry :( Just know there's a light at the end of the tunnel!"</blockquote>

Thank you. I'm just tired I guess. But trying to keep my spirits up. :-)

Mr's&Family* 2 kids; Arizona 3696 posts
5th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Youlanda Douros:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting Mr's&Family*:</b>" Oh wow! I'm sorry :( Just know there's a ... [snip!] ... at the end of the tunnel!"</blockquote> Thank you. I'm just tired I guess. But trying to keep my spirits up. :-)"</blockquote>

I guess just try to rest as much as possible. Probably easier said then done.

5th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Mr's&Family*:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting Youlanda Douros:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting Mr's&Family*:</b>" ... [snip!] ... keep my spirits up. :-)"</blockquote> I guess just try to rest as much as possible. Probably easier said then done."</blockquote>

Trying too. I feel bad for my hubby though cause he's trying to be there and help. Thank you for the encouragement!

user banned 4 kids; Mueang Phuket, Thailand 30487 posts
5th Feb '13

Stripping the membranes wouldnt have caused all that.. At least iwouldnt think. He shouldnt have done it without your consent but i think you are just dealing with annoying endof pregnancy contractions. Goodluck. Baby will come when he is reqdy. No amount of membrane stripping will get him here faster

*B & D Mommy* Due January 19; 2 kids; Illinois 15945 posts
5th Feb '13
Quoting ☮ Phuket:" Stripping the membranes wouldnt have caused all that.. At least iwouldnt think. He shouldnt have done ... [snip!] ... pregnancy contractions. Goodluck. Baby will come when he is reqdy. No amount of membrane stripping will get him here faster"

:!::!:

Mommy of 3 ♦ Due June 30 (girl); 2 kids; Cumberland, Maryland 496 posts
5th Feb '13
Quoting Youlanda Douros:" So my obgyn stripped my membranes and didn't ask me or my husband or anything!!!! I've been to l&d three ... [snip!] ... full term but to me I wanted him to bake as long as possible. I'm just worn out and frustrated. ;( sorry just had to vent. ;("

Aw girl :( I'm sorry! But I completely feel you and agree with you on the consent because it happened to my with my first son in 2007! I thought I was just going in and getting a routine cervical check,she sticks her finger in me and owwwie! I backed all the way up the bed and she pulled her fingers out and there was a small amount of blood on her gloves finger tip..I'm thinking wtf! And then I feel some cramping!! AND THENNN she decides to explain what she did!!! And I was extremely upset because She should have explained ahead of time and asked my opinion and consent! I would have agreed to in in my case,I was dilated to 3cm 80% effaced and head was down so low all I felt was a tremendous amount of pressure on my pelvis like he was going to fall out. A day and a half later my water broke at 2am...he was born at 2:06pm. I think it is completely disrespectful towards the mother when a doctor just does what they want and don't even think of the mothers feelings about it!