30 day shred Mommy|Of2 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Canada 3034 posts
6th Feb '13

Does anyone have any success stories?

I'm on day 11, level 2 and I haven't lost any weight :(
I can see a difference in my tummy, legs, arms, and butt but I'm worried I won't lose any weight.

lamr - 02-08-13-21 2 kids; Crazytown, ON, Canada 6007 posts
6th Feb '13

Weight is just a number. As long as you look and feel better, who cares. You're gaining lots of muscle and that weighs more than fat.

I'm on level 3 and been doing it about a month (with a few days off here and there). I look better but havent lost any weight either.

JΔ$ Georgia 76325 posts
status 6th Feb '13

Stop worrying about the number. The most important part is seeing a difference in your body.

Carter&Violet♥ She Gone! 2 kids; Virginia 14177 posts
6th Feb '13

You're gaining muscle- it weighs more than fat. I'm on day 6 and have lost 3 lbs- last year I lost 30 in 6 wks. But I just had a bebe 7 wks ago so I'm currently trying to lose these last 15 lbs.

JΔ$ Georgia 76325 posts
status 6th Feb '13

Muscle does not weigh more than fat. It's more dense but a pound is a pound.

6th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting LEGENDARY JAS ♥:</b>" Muscle does not weigh more than fat. It's more dense but a pound is a pound."</blockquote>

If you put the same about of fat beside muscle, the muscle would weigh more.

JΔ$ Georgia 76325 posts
status 6th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting lamr - 02-08-13-21:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting LEGENDARY JAS ♥:</b>" Muscle does not weigh more than ... [snip!] ... but a pound is a pound."</blockquote> If you put the same about of fat beside muscle, the muscle would weigh more."</blockquote>

No, it doesn't work that way. Any certified personal trainer will tell you that. Hell, you can even find the information on google that completely debunks that myth.

Carter&Violet♥ She Gone! 2 kids; Virginia 14177 posts
6th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting LEGENDARY JAS ♥:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting lamr - 02-08-13-21:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting ... [snip!] ... personal trainer will tell you that. Hell, you can even find the information on google that completely debunks that myth."</blockquote>

You're right, should have worded that better. Well you can gain muscle while losing fat so it makes you weigh the same or more, but still make progress.

loving little luna 1 child; Stavanger, Norway 835 posts
6th Feb '13

dumb question...

I wanted to try the 30 day shred.

Can you only do it for 30 days or can you repeat it until you get the results you want?

Ravey Candyass 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Boston, Massachusetts 104947 posts
6th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting lamr - 02-08-13-21:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting LEGENDARY JAS ♥:</b>" Muscle does not weigh more than ... [snip!] ... but a pound is a pound."</blockquote> If you put the same about of fat beside muscle, the muscle would weigh more."</blockquote>

Because it's MORE DENSE. But put a lb of fat next to a lb of muscle and guess what? They both weigh a lb.

Amazing concept right?

6th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Ravey Candyass:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting lamr - 02-08-13-21:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting ... [snip!] ... it's MORE DENSE. But put a lb of fat next to a lb of muscle and guess what? They both weigh a lb. Amazing concept right?"</blockquote>

Exactly. This is just for example, but if one cup of fat weighed 1lb, then only 1/3 a cup of muscle would weigh the same - not one cup. While they bth weigh the same, there is more fat than muscle.

*sorry, quoted the wrong person*

Ravey Candyass 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Boston, Massachusetts 104947 posts
6th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting lamr - 02-08-13-21:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting Ravey Candyass:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting lamr ... [snip!] ... then only 1/3 a cup of muscle would weigh the same - not one cup. While they bth weigh the same, there is more fat than muscle."</blockquote>

Again, because it's more dense not because fat weighs more.

6th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Ravey Candyass:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting lamr - 02-08-13-21:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting ... [snip!] ... the same, there is more fat than muscle."</blockquote> Again, because it's more dense not because fat weighs more."</blockquote>

Okay, but we're talking about it being on your body. If she cut off a lbs of fat and cut off a lb of muscle, she would have cut off a lot more fat.

If you have a cup of fat, and a cup of muscle, the muscle would weigh more. It doesn't really matter the reasoning for it. The same amount of both, muscle weighs more. I realize it's more dense and that's why, but we're talking about the area it takes up.

So if she is smaller in inches, but weighs the same, it's because she lost the fat and gained muscle. So she's now smaller because the same weight of muscle takes up less space than fat.

6th Feb '13

But speaking of the shred, my boys seem to be asleep now so off to do mine!

Adriana'sMombie 1 child; Quakertown, Pennsylvania 2113 posts
6th Feb '13

today will be day 24 for me. and dont worry about the number! you wont see much difference by the scale. ive only lost 2lbs since doing 30DS,and ive done it every single day, with only three 5 second rests to get a drink of water. the best thing to do is keep going. take pictures and/or measurements. ive took day 1 and day 17 pictures. and ive lost alot of inches, from what it looks like anyways. and i eat a 1200 calorie diet by using myfitnesspal. you wont lose weight from 30DS. only inches. and you will gain muscle.

these were my 16 day results. i took the mid way picture on the morning of day 17 when i wasnt bloated. i worked my ass off. lol, it hurt, but it was worth it. i still have little bumps on my belly. not as much. the webcam made the second pictures look shiny. which was annoying D:
lllll_zps4b6f1f3d.pngkkklklklkkklk_zps4dd238f2.pngkjlkjklk_zpsa7b43a3c.png