25 weeks, gallstones and hydrocodone ashortiz(3) 3 kids; Elk Grove, California 280 posts
6th Feb '13

I found out yesterday morning that I have gallstone after being in extreme pain for 4 hours. They gave me a shot and the pain went away, they then sent me home. I had another attack this morning and went back to the ER they gave me morphine. The ER doctor gave me hydrocodone to take when I have attacks so that I'm not always going to the ER because they can't take the gallbladder out until after he is born. My question is: have any of you mommies taken hydrocodone and baby came out perfectly healthy? I've read reviews saying it was safe and others saying dont take it.

A is Me 1 child; South Carolina 3782 posts
6th Feb '13

The only risk is baby being born addicted. If you only take it when needed and not everyday you and baby will be fine. Speaking from personal experience.

ashortiz(3) 3 kids; Elk Grove, California 280 posts
6th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting A is Me:</b>" The only risk is baby being born addicted. If you only take it when needed and not everyday you and baby will be fine. Speaking from personal experience."</blockquote>

I only need to take it when I get an attack, I just hope that isn't everyday.

Captain Obvious 2 kids; Havana, Cuba 25634 posts
6th Feb '13
Quoting Paityn,Khloe&Cooper's Mom:" <blockquote><b>Quoting A is Me:</b>" The only risk is baby being born addicted. If ... [snip!] ... from personal experience."</blockquote> I only need to take it when I get an attack, I just hope that isn't everyday."

have you cut out greasy foods? that should help a little bit.

ashortiz(3) 3 kids; Elk Grove, California 280 posts
6th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Captain Obvious:</b>" have you cut out greasy foods? that should help a little bit."</blockquote>

I didn't have any greasy food before either attacks or fatty foods