30 week u/s Jaydensmommaa Due April 22 (boy); Lancaster, Pennsylvania 32 posts
6th Feb '13

Hello Ladies..I;m new to this and i am pregnant for the first time..on tuesday i will be 30 weeks I go for an ultrasound on monday 29 weeks 6 days...what all do they do??

lynnsaymarie 1 child; 1 angel baby; Western, NY, United States 3238 posts
status 6th Feb '13

is this your first ultrasound?

Jaydensmommaa Due April 22 (boy); Lancaster, Pennsylvania 32 posts
6th Feb '13
Quoting lynnsaymarie:" is this your first ultrasound?"

No this will be my 4th..I just wasnt sure if they would be able to tell me the approx weight or what all it consisted of

lynnsaymarie 1 child; 1 angel baby; Western, NY, United States 3238 posts
status 6th Feb '13

Oh okay I was just wondering. I would assume they would check growth and position and calculate weight. I don't think my OB offers ultrasounds unless they're diagnostic or for a high risk pregnancy outside of the down syndrome screen and anatomy/gender scan.

6th Feb '13

Yeah, im not exactly sure..I didn't know what all they would do. but thanks you =]

March 2013 3 kids; Illinois 988 posts
6th Feb '13

If its a regular ultrasound then yea they will do growth and be able to tell you about how much your baby is weighing. They will also take time to look at all your babies organs and how they are functioning. I have to do BPP every week and they test for what the baby can do and she gets a score for it, they also do growth because Im 33 weeks and she is 5lbs 8oz estimate. So it really depends on what your pregnancy has been like. I do a regular u/s the 15 for how her organs are doing and everything, the BPP is timed so she has a half hour to do all the steps she needs too.

6th Feb '13
Quoting March 2013:" If its a regular ultrasound then yea they will do growth and be able to tell you about how much your ... [snip!] ... the 15 for how her organs are doing and everything, the BPP is timed so she has a half hour to do all the steps she needs too."

Yeah, as far as I know it is a normal one. The ultrasound doctor told me at my 20 week u/s that he was doing great his heartbeat was nice and strong and he was very active..so I don't think it is anything bad or else he would have told me..right??? He did say that all his extremities and organs were where they were supposed to be and growing on track..

March 2013 3 kids; Illinois 988 posts
9th Feb '13
Quoting Jaydensmommaa:" Yeah, as far as I know it is a normal one. The ultrasound doctor told me at my 20 week u/s that he was ... [snip!] ... told me..right??? He did say that all his extremities and organs were where they were supposed to be and growing on track.."

Yea, he would have told you if something was up. my baby gained a little over 2lbs in a month and the doc was a bit concerned. I have high BP and GD so I have to do more, it shouldn't have been this soon, but the ob wanted to start things early. I'd rather be safe then sorry. the 30week might help them tell if your baby is head down and how far if your baby isn't head down then vaginal delivery may not be hossible with our rotation. they will probably look and see if he is trying to use his lungs.

10th Feb '13
Quoting March 2013:" Yea, he would have told you if something was up. my baby gained a little over 2lbs in a month and the ... [snip!] ... then vaginal delivery may not be hossible with our rotation. they will probably look and see if he is trying to use his lungs."

Thank you so much!