2 cm Chels :3 Florida 2017 posts
7th Feb '13

Was at a 1 last week and now I'm 2, and have been cramping. She swept my membranes (Though I wish she'd had asked first) Idc because I'm further along it's no big deal. She say's I'm doing good for a first time mom being at 2 cm. She thinks I'll go on my own (Thankful to hear a doctor say that instead of we'll have to induce I don't think you'll go on your own) etc., I know either way there's no way of telling but hopefully this next week she will decide it's time to make her presence. :) Lots of cramping, and feeling like poop so hopefully somethings happening.

Kya-Trendy Tendency 2 kids; Battle Ground, Washington 2256 posts
7th Feb '13

at least your progressing! that means your body is doing something. I hope you get to go into labor on your own. inductions suck. lol

Chels :3 Florida 2017 posts
7th Feb '13
Quoting Working on Babe #2:" at least your progressing! that means your body is doing something. I hope you get to go into labor on your own. inductions suck. lol"

Exactly what I was thinking at least somethings happening lol. Small but progressive lol. My middle sister in the only one to ever be induced. Everyone else went preterm early, or semi early *37 weeks*

We'll see I started losing more pieces or my plug after I came home. So hopefully something happens. People here keep saying the 11th :) That'd be nice. It'd be SO's fathers birthday <3

Mommy of 3 ♦ Due June 30 (girl); 2 kids; Cumberland, Maryland 496 posts
7th Feb '13

YAY! I got my membranes sweeped with my first son and she didn't ask me either! lol I thought I was getting a normal routine cervical check. Although I wasn't bothered too much bc I was ready and I was 2cm 70% effaced and the only thing it does is give your body a "jumpstart" if your body and baby isn't ready,nothing will happen! My son was ready because he came a day and a half later! My water had broke :) They say after 48 hours if nothing happened,your membranes attach back to the uterine wall. good luck girl,I hope she makes her grand entrance soon!

jen black 2 kids; California 2031 posts
status 7th Feb '13

I had the sweep performed twice. And dilated a cm every two weeks starting at 37 or 38 weeks. They sai I would have the baby before 39 weeks but ended up being induced two and a half weeks overdue and was admitted at 4.5 cm. hopefully it means more for you than it did with me!