7 month old, oversupply breastfeeding ERMAGHERD BEEDS! 17 kids; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 4099 posts
7th Feb '13

Ok so DD is 7 months. Three times now since last night she's thrown up immediately following nursing. It hasn't been every time she's nursed though, and she has no other symptoms. But I'm just theorizing.. Tell me if this sounds plausible to you...

I have a forceful letdown, which we have pretty much regulated already. However, on Monday I was really sick (I don't think what DD has is the same thing, her throwing up seems completely different) and it completely drained me physically. So to avoid any supply issues I ate a bunch of oatmeal Tuesday. And then remembered how much I love oatmeal and a bunch more. And my supply is definitely up. And I'm squirting (like powerful flow) like I haven't since my milk firs came in. So could that be what's making her throw up?

lolajessup 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Beaverton, Michigan 44071 posts
7th Feb '13

Yeah it very well could be. Try laying down and nursing.

ERMAGHERD BEEDS! 17 kids; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 4099 posts
7th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting lolajessup:</b>" Yeah it very well could be. Try laying down and nursing."</blockquote>

We were, I nurse her laying down most of the time

Eta thank you!

*~AngelEyes~* 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Memphis, Tennessee 10592 posts
7th Feb '13

That could be what's making her throw up. I ended up doing that with my son...

NopeNotGonnaDOIt 6 kids; Cuba 3000 posts
7th Feb '13

Did she use to throw up a lot when she was younger? Is it spit up, or throwing up? My first ds had a tummy bug when he was about that age and it was odd because he did seem fine, no fever or anything weird but he would nurse and then just stop and throw it all up as we were laying in bed. It lasted about 24 hours and then passed. He would still want to nurse so I just kept up with it, he would keep it down sometimes and sometimes he wouldn't. Hope she feels better!

ERMAGHERD BEEDS! 17 kids; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 4099 posts
7th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Mama❍:</b>" Did she use to throw up a lot when she was younger? Is it spit up, or throwing up? My first ds had a ... [snip!] ... want to nurse so I just kept up with it, he would keep it down sometimes and sometimes he wouldn't. Hope she feels better! "</blockquote>

Thanks! It's definitely throw up, and it's everything in her belly when it happens.... It's been so intermediary though, I fed her again after she drained me an threw up (I waited like 20 minutes) and she was fine and fell asleep for her nap. Which is the same thing that happened last night after she threw up... I hate seeing her not feeling well :( I hope whatever it is, it's over fast