Trying to work with manual mode on my Canon T3 Andreahhh 1 child; San Antonio, Texas 8745 posts
7th Feb '13

Ugh, I can't get the noise/grain to go away. I have it on the largest, highest quality setting.

480561_4512209603547_52987155_n.jpg575567_4512209923555_895299196_n.jpg

What am I doing wrong? This is driving me crazy!

You may have to right click and view the image in a separate tab.

Mandy and her girls!~ 3 kids; Illinois 10486 posts
7th Feb '13

If you have it on a high ISO it can give it a grainy look sometimes. I'm not expert on this though and I have a Nikon.

Andreahhh 1 child; San Antonio, Texas 8745 posts
8th Feb '13
Quoting Mandy and her girls!~:" If you have it on a high ISO it can give it a grainy look sometimes. I'm not expert on this though and I have a Nikon."

Yeah, I guess it's fairly high, 800. But, anything under that is super dark. I know once I get this down I'm going to love it, but it's driving me crazy!

8th Feb '13
Quoting Andreahhh:" Yeah, I guess it's fairly high, 800. But, anything under that is super dark. I know once I get this down I'm going to love it, but it's driving me crazy!"

Yeah that's not too bad. You just have to learn how to work it. Believe me I'm not very good at it either and I've had my camera for over 3 years. I finally have started putting it to manual and not taking it off and I think that's helped. Also the lower your shutter speed the more light comes in so a lower shutter speed will give you a brighter picture but if there's a lot of movement then it's hard to get it too low. I know for my kids I keep it around 1/30 to 1/50. If it's a still object then you can go below that.

8th Feb '13
Quoting Mandy and her girls!~:" Yeah that's not too bad. You just have to learn how to work it. Believe me I'm not very good at it either ... [snip!] ... hard to get it too low. I know for my kids I keep it around 1/30 to 1/50. If it's a still object then you can go below that. "

So, lower the shutter speed, like make it slower? I had it on super fast because LO is always running around like a crazy.

I wonder if there are tutorials on YouTube or something, lol.

8th Feb '13
Quoting Andreahhh:" So, lower the shutter speed, like make it slower? I had it on super fast because LO is always running around like a crazy. I wonder if there are tutorials on YouTube or something, lol. "

Yeah if you lower it it lets more light in. Do you know what you had it on? I know it's hard to capture them when they're moving faster. And I'm sure there's tons of videos, there's also a photography thread here on BG that I'm in and has some really talented photographers if you want the link I can get it.

8th Feb '13
Quoting Mandy and her girls!~:" Yeah if you lower it it lets more light in. Do you know what you had it on? I know it's hard to capture ... [snip!] ... also a photography thread here on BG that I'm in and has some really talented photographers if you want the link I can get it. "

Sure! Thanks!

I don't remember what I had it on now, since I've been fidgeting with it. :oops:

8th Feb '13
Quoting Andreahhh:" Sure! Thanks! I don't remember what I had it on now, since I've been fidgeting with it. :oops:"

http://forum.baby-gaga.com/about2301709.html
Here's the link. Just come in and introduce yourself! I think you will learn a lot, I've learned quite a bit and I don't even talk much in there.