38 week appointment Kimmy Gibbler 2 kids; Grapevine, Texas 8039 posts
8th Feb '13

Had my 38 week appointment today. Still only 1/2 cm dilated, even though I've been having contractions. My doctor said it sounds like I'll probably be having back labor judging from where they hurt (my upper back, which I thought was weird, but I guess that makes sense). If she hasn't come on her own by the 22nd, my doctor will try and break my water. She can't give me Pitocin because I'm trying to have a VBAC and apparently that's risky, so if breaking my water doesn't work, I'll have to have another C-Section. REALLY hoping for a VBAC!! Hoping for some serious progress in the next couple of weeks!!!

bloopbloop♥ 1 child; Illinois 13681 posts
8th Feb '13

Ahh! Good luck and hopefully baby comes on his own so you can have your VBAC! :D

CL & DJs Mommy 3 kids; Georgia 6451 posts
8th Feb '13

Good luck!!
I'm a VBAC too but my doc doesn't do cervical checks so I have no idea whats going on, but I'm having some BHs yesterday and today!!!

Kimmy Gibbler 2 kids; Grapevine, Texas 8039 posts
8th Feb '13
Quoting CL & DJs Mommy:" Good luck!! I'm a VBAC too but my doc doesn't do cervical checks so I have no idea whats going on, but I'm having some BHs yesterday and today!!!"

I kinda wish mine wouldn't. It's nice to know what's going on, but it's really discouraging when there hasn't been any progress! And really, I know that early dilation isn't a great indicator of when you will actually go into labor, so it's kinda pointless discouragement! Haha.