9 yr old girl gives birth Soon 2B Mom of 2 2 kids; North Highlands, California 3785 posts
8th Feb '13

I just came across this article, and it is so sad. I didnt even know you could get pregnant this early...

http://thestir.cafemom.com/big_kid/150772/9yearold_gives_birth_breaks_every?utm_medium=sm&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=beingamom_fanpage

This story is enough to make a mother's heart shatter into a million little pieces. According to Mexico City police, a 9-year-old girl has given birth to a baby girl of her own. It's just too awful to wrap your head around.
The child was "just over 8 when she got pregnant," her mother told officials. "The father is a boy who is 17, but we have not found him, since he ran away." She was released from the hospital and is reportedly doing well ... physically. But her emotional state is an entirely different matter.

Good Queen Bess 2 kids; Ontario 45800 posts
8th Feb '13

Puberty is happening younger and younger.

A follow-up story that I read stated that the hospital sterilized the girl without her mother's consent.

Another said she was actually like 14 or 15 years old.

What if... 2 kids; Ontario 4587 posts
8th Feb '13

poor baby :(

Mother of One plus One 2 kids; Ware Shoals, South Carolina 4418 posts
8th Feb '13

Wow. I just...feel sick. How could a 9 year old even begin to deal with that kind of thing at all. I bet she was scared to death.

user banned Due December 20; Georgia 1823 posts
8th Feb '13

I really hope that they find the father of the child and press charges. This is just so wrong.

Yurvette [♥] 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Hyrule Castle, LZ, San Marino 36477 posts
8th Feb '13
Quoting speaktruth2powr:" Puberty is happening younger and younger. A follow-up story that I read stated that the hospital sterilized ... [snip!] ... that the hospital sterilized the girl without her mother's consent. Another said she was actually like 14 or 15 years old."

WHAT THE f**k!

DeidreLC 1 child; Spotsylvania, Virginia 1050 posts
8th Feb '13

Some sources say the girl is 15 or older.

Oya. 81 kids; Hollywood, Florida 25195 posts
8th Feb '13
Quoting Soon 2B Mom of 2:" I just came across this article, and it is so sad. I didnt even know you could get pregnant this early... ... [snip!] ... victim; however, she has a long, confusing recovery ahead of her. Hope they find the bastard and hang him up by his balls."

you can get pregnant as soon as you have a period.

hopefully mom and baby will have alot of support, i wish them luck

⚓Misty⚓ 4 kids; Keenesburg, Colorado 7272 posts
8th Feb '13

This actually happens quite a bit. Usually in third world countries, and the really sd thing is that the child has to marry her attacker due to religious beliefs. The youngets was 5 I believe in peru

Lauralie89 3 kids; Pennsylvania 2244 posts
8th Feb '13

I've heard of a 5 year old giving birth in China..

~The Lunar Flower~ 2 kids; Alabama 6748 posts
8th Feb '13

Wow. I just saw on the news a few days ago where a guy was arrested for a rape that happened last april I think? He was 17 & his victim was 9. It was in alabama or tennessee that this happened though

Baby_Majick 52 kids; Sullivan, Missouri 4031 posts
8th Feb '13
Quoting Soon 2B Mom of 2:" I just came across this article, and it is so sad. I didnt even know you could get pregnant this early... ... [snip!] ... victim; however, she has a long, confusing recovery ahead of her. Hope they find the bastard and hang him up by his balls."

Wow this is sad... and I have an 8 year old daughter!! Scary... I wonder where her parents were at when this happen.

Isaac's mommy :) 1 child; Alabama 129 posts
8th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting ~The Lunar Flower~:</b>" Wow. I just saw on the news a few days ago where a guy was arrested for a rape that happened last april I think? He was 17 & his victim was 9. It was in alabama or tennessee that this happened though"</blockquote>

That was in Alabama. Around Huntsville.

Baby_Majick 52 kids; Sullivan, Missouri 4031 posts
8th Feb '13
Quoting Lauralie89:" I've heard of a 5 year old giving birth in China.."

This is going to sound dumb but how?! I didn't think they ovulated that young.

SR ♥ 1 child; V, AR, United States 7869 posts
8th Feb '13
Quoting M walls:" This actually happens quite a bit. Usually in third world countries, and the really sd thing is that the child has to marry her attacker due to religious beliefs. The youngets was 5 I believe in peru"

I agree.

It's terribly sad. Babies should not be having babies. How did she make it 9 months pregnant? Did she have no parents? If for some reason my 8 year old daughter got pregnant from rape or child abuse, I believe I would have her have an abortion without a second thought. I wouldn't put my baby through that.

It's strange to think. My nephew is almost 6. To think there are people a little older than him having children? It's insane.