2 yr old = mentally retarded. Ole' No Name TTC since Oct 2013; 1 child; Singapore, Singapore 6242 posts
9th Feb '13

Some girl just posted on FB that people need to lay off her because her 2 yr old isn't potty trained and still uses a bottle.

Because..
She says that a Doctor told her that ALL 2 yr Olds have the mental ability of a mentally retarded person..

not true right?

Squeaky McGee 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Indiana 65151 posts
9th Feb '13

No, not true.

And besides, there are high-functioning and low-functioning levels of mental retardation. Doesn't sound like something a doctor would say. It just sounds like an excuse to keep giving her toddler a bottle.

username1 1 child; Chicopee, MA, United States 30921 posts
9th Feb '13

She's the one that seems mentally challenged

j0des(+2) 18 kids; Virginia 5095 posts
9th Feb '13

W.... T...... F??!

Mama Lizzy :] 1 child; Texas 5575 posts
9th Feb '13

Why would people care if her 2 year old isnt potty trained?

Dovahkiin 1 child; 1 angel baby; Kentucky 16776 posts
9th Feb '13

No, the only people that have the mental ability of retarded people... are retarded.

What an odd thing to say.

Ole' No Name TTC since Oct 2013; 1 child; Singapore, Singapore 6242 posts
9th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Squeaky McGee [15 wks]:</b>" No, not true. And besides, there are high-functioning and low-functioning levels of mental retardation. ... [snip!] ... Doesn't sound like something a doctor would say. It just sounds like an excuse to keep giving her toddler a bottle."</blockquote>

That's what I figured.
I mean my 13 month old is pretty damn smart, so I was like.... Uhhh wth? :?

I'm actually a virgin Due June 9; 1 child; Oregon 18466 posts
9th Feb '13

Oh dear.. some people, I swear.

Momma Rawks 1 child; Iowa 7172 posts
9th Feb '13

If her doctor really said that, she needs to find a new one... asap.

user banned Due November 26; 1 child; Parkersburg, West Virginia 9548 posts
9th Feb '13

my 13 month old is brilliant lol.

9th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Mama Lizzy :]:</b>" Why would people care if her 2 year old isnt potty trained?"</blockquote>

I don't know :? I've never seen anyone mention it to her on FB.
But it did kinda bother me that in all her pictures of him he's got a bottle of juice. And he just had surgery Monday to have his two front teeth pulled because he had bottle rot so bad :(

Squeaky McGee 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Indiana 65151 posts
9th Feb '13
Quoting Mama Lizzy :]:" Why would people care if her 2 year old isnt potty trained?"

Yeah, I don't see that as a big deal. Boys typically toilet train later.

Momma Rawks 1 child; Iowa 7172 posts
9th Feb '13
Quoting Ole' No Name:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Mama Lizzy :]:</b>" Why would people care if her 2 year old ... [snip!] ... got a bottle of juice. And he just had surgery Monday to have his two front teeth pulled because he had bottle rot so bad :("

...And she still won't take the hint that giving him a bottle is a bad idea?!

user banned Due November 26; 1 child; Parkersburg, West Virginia 9548 posts
9th Feb '13
Quoting Momma Rawks:" ...And she still won't take the hint that giving him a bottle is a bad idea?!"

dd is breastfed but i refused to put juice in a bottle. she took it in a sippy cup or didnt have any. i think they can get too much in a bottle and it makes them like the bottle more. just my opinion.

9th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Momma Rawks:</b>" ...And she still won't take the hint that giving him a bottle is a bad idea?!"</blockquote>

sorry it was his 4 front teeth, I just went back and read the statues again.
Yeah, she's not the brightest person I know.