8 month old sleep issues Melissa Randolph 3 kids; Eugene, Oregon 50 posts
10th Feb '13

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been on, but I need some advice. My little girl is now 8 months old. Up until around 4 weeks ago, she was a great sleeper. I would nurse her and put her to bed awake about 7pm, and she would promptly fall asleep and sleep until between 2 and 3 am, when I would then nurse her again and put her right back to bed. She would then sleep until around 7am. No problems, no fussing, it was great. But starting around 4 weeks ago, she started waking up between 10 and 11pm, and would scream until I fed her again, but everything else was still the same as above, so I attributed the extra feeding to a growth spurt. Well, now, she is still waking up between 10 and 11 every night, but on top of that, she also screams and cries when I put her to bed until I either give in and let her stay up longer or she finally passes out. When she wakes up in night (at 10, 2 and 6am), she acts like she's starving, gulping and sucking furiously at the breast until letdown finally happens. She's also now waking up closer to 6am, instead of 7. Nothing has changed in her diet or her daily routine to cause such a change in her behavior. She is exclusively breastfed with only the occasional bottle (like 1 or 2 a month) of expressed BM when I'm not home. She gets 3 meals a day of pureed followed by finger foods, and she still takes either 3 longer naps or 4 shorter naps a day. She is also still nursing 5 to 6 times a day. After this long, I don't think it's just a growth spurt. Any advice? Thanks all!

Eli&Elliot's Mommy! 2 kids; Brooklyn, New York 2109 posts
10th Feb '13

Watching. My son is almost like that. Just no finger foods and not that sleeping schedule.