28 week and contractions see ya stalkers 1 child; 1 angel baby; Georgia 603 posts
12th Feb '13

im 28 weeks and i started having intense contractions yesterday. I went to my OB and she hooked me up to this monitor thing and said i was having contractions but they were 20 minutes apart. She said if i started having them 10 minutes apart i needed to go to the hospital to get them to stop the contractions. This worries me my little boy has much more baking to do. Did anyone start having contractions early and were they able to stop them? Also if they did stop the contractions did you make it to your due date? Thanks for advice

✿LilyBear09✿ 1 child; Oregon 5006 posts
12th Feb '13

I had the same thing at 29 weeks. I cought them early, and they were able to stop them. They put me on medication until I was 35 weeks. After that, they said they wouldn't stop labor. I had my daughter at 37 weeks.

see ya stalkers 1 child; 1 angel baby; Georgia 603 posts
12th Feb '13

was she completely healthy were there any complications because of it? sorry if i seem nosy im just worried

✿LilyBear09✿ 1 child; Oregon 5006 posts
12th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Abel's Mom:</b>" was she completely healthy were there any complications because of it? sorry if i seem nosy im just worried"</blockquote>

No, she was completely healthy. She is now a very smart and fun 4 year old :).

12th Feb '13

awsome thanks for the info :)

_______Nope_________ 23772 posts
12th Feb '13

Well, I started having contractions at 27 weeks. I went in but it was too late to stop labor for me, so I had her at 27 weeks. With my 2nd though I had contractions early and with bedrest/meds I made it to 37 weeks with him.

12th Feb '13

was your first healthy were there any complications?

*Brittnee* 4 kids; 1 angel baby; Utah 4775 posts
12th Feb '13

My second baby I had to have my contractions stopped at 30wks and was on bed rest the rest of my pregnancy he was born at 37 wks and was every healthy. My third baby I had contractions stopped at 28, 31, and 34wks. He was born at 39 wks.

~T&C plus me~ 2 kids; .., OR, United States 4189 posts
status 12th Feb '13

I started having contractions at 28 weeks. Went in to L&D, and they were 3-5 minutes apart. They were able to stop them for a few hours, but they started back, and never stopped. I never dilated any though. Just drink tons of water, and rest as much as possible. I ended up going in at 38.5 weeks for my planned c section.

_______Nope_________ 23772 posts
12th Feb '13
Quoting Abel's Mom:" was your first healthy were there any complications?"

She was not healthy, but she did make it and is healthy now, at 3 years old. Complications? Like, before that? Nope. I had a totally normal pregnancy.

12th Feb '13

thanks everyone for the information :) it makes me feel better