Abnormal test results lil*Mama*Bear 2 kids; Veneta, Oregon 4921 posts19th Feb '13
A week ago Monday night I woke up to feed my ff dd. She was very warm. I had her dressed extra warm for the cold so I undressed her before falling back to sleep together. I woke a couple hours later and she was still very warm. I checked her temp 103! Called the on call Dr. I was advised to wait until the morning recheck get temp and call back. At that time it was 102 and was sent to the er. We spent the day in the er getting tests. The only other symptoms she had were her being pale and lathargic which didn't accrue until that day in the er. You could see in her eyes she wasn't well. That night we were admitted to the hospital for those 3 days we were there they ran lots of test. A ua resulted in possible uti but the urine collected wasn't enough to confirm or deny the possibility. She was put on antibiotics for it. She had various blood tests showing elevated liver levels. She had an us showing nothing. An x-ray on her lungs because her breathing was rapid when we arrived but slowed to normal. Xray showed nothing. She had a spinal tap that came back normal. So eventually they decided to treat it as a uti and recheck her in a week from Thursday. She had a hard time with keeping the antibiotics down once we went home. today I looked at her and said "something isn't right" called MIL to watch Ds while we went to the Dr. MIL thought she looked fine. By the time we got in she was pale again. The meds had worked to start getting her back to normal but they suspect that her not keeping them down may have made her ill again. We went ahead and did the blood tests today and I just got a call back that the levels are still going up. They aren't sure what is wrong. It could be a uti but then they wonder what is causing a 2.5mo to have a uti. It can cause the levels to elevate but they should have started to decrease by now. We will do a test tomorrow to make sure that her liver is properly functioning. If anything seems wrong they want me to go into the er tonight. She did keep the new antibiotics down and colors has begun to return. I am just so worried about my little baby and it's scary that they don't know what is going on. I am looking to see if anyone has had any similar experiences and may have suggestions on what could be happening. I see the infection and disease specialist on Thursday to
review her results.
review her results.
Love.my.life 17 kids; Toronto, Ontario 83 posts19th Feb '13
I don't have any advice but I just wanted to say I am sorry this is happening to you precious baby. I hope she feels better soon and everything goes well. I'm sending you my prayers. Good luck with everything momma.
Out-numbered Mommy 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Luverne, MN, United States 900 posts19th Feb '13
I have not had anything like this happen to me or LO... But I am praying everything turns out ok for you guys!
CNA1990 New Jersey 374 posts20th Feb '13
Unfortunately I don't have advice but I'll send prayers she's ok. Sorry you and your sweet baby are going through this.