20 month growth spurt? i ♥ nora 1 child; New Jersey 1622 posts
20th Feb '13

Is there such a thing? Last 3 days DD will hardly eat, is waking up for more milk throughout the night, and is being more defiant than usual. She stiffens up and arches her back or twists all over when I try to put her in her high chair or changing table, screams and tries to climb out/off, she just wants to run around and do as she pleases. If its up to her, she would pee all over the carpet and eat pretzle rods for every meal. :( help?

dream 2 kids; Linz, Ob, Austria 59810 posts
20th Feb '13

yes, there's generally another growth spurt around 18m and another one around 24m.. though of course it can vary when EXACTLY it happens, so it sounds like that might be it. Hang in there mama!

Sarah2705 1 child; Los Angeles, California 735 posts
20th Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting i ♥ nora:</b>" Is there such a thing? Last 3 days DD will hardly eat, is waking up for more milk throughout the night, ... [snip!] ... around and do as she pleases. If its up to her, she would pee all over the carpet and eat pretzle rods for every meal. :( help?"</blockquote>

Sounds just like Ellie, we have been up since 2am having tantrums and milk.. S hopefully normal!