4 month old with bad cought, need advice! Annette Topham 5 kids; Utah 637 posts
22nd Feb '13

My son is 4 months old and has this nasty cough. I am afraid its croup, but in the mean time what can i do to ease his discomfort. He currently has a NJ feeding tube through his nose so its very hard to suction his nose out. I am running a cool mist humidifier in the house and using the bathroom when someone takes a bath in there for humidity as well. The poor boy cant seem to catch a break right now and the cough is disturbing his sleep. I am also using vics baby rub. He has coughed hard to the point of vomiting a few times. Just not sure how to ease his discomfort :/ I am using saline for his nose as well.

Mason&Chloe'sMama Due April 20 (girl); 1 child; Kansas 522 posts
22nd Feb '13

I don't remember what i used but there is medicine you can give him.. i got it at walgreens. poor baby... good luck.

♥Mrs.Garcia 18 kids; Houston, Texas 13802 posts
22nd Feb '13

Take him to the doctor. My daughter and son has the same thing. My daughter is two months and we have to give her a nebulizer treatment at night to help break up the gunk.

Annette Topham 5 kids; Utah 637 posts
22nd Feb '13

I planned on taking him in tomorrow. His cough was not bad this morning and as the day went on it got worse..

♥Mrs.Garcia 18 kids; Houston, Texas 13802 posts
22nd Feb '13
Quoting Annette Topham:" I planned on taking him in tomorrow. His cough was not bad this morning and as the day went on it got worse.. "

It tends to get worse at night... I don't know why. Does it sound like a seal barking? That's what croup sounds like. I'm not sure if there is a lot of congestion with it. My son has had it like 3 times, and for some odd reason he gets it in the summer. lol It could be allergies. My son has a bad cough and it's gunky. I just hope our babies get better. I hate coughs too.

katxo 18 kids; Florida 7270 posts
22nd Feb '13

I always used and still use vicks vapor rub on DS's feet and I also use eucalyptus oil. Works wonders