1 yr old puking.. Madi's*Mama Due November 2; 1 child; Holland, Michigan 7391 posts
22nd Feb '13

Since this morning DD has been puking. In the course of 4 hrs she has puked 4 times. She's acting totally normal, doesn't have a fever or anything like that. We haven't fed her anything new or anything, and even though she has been exposed to the flu, I thought the flu came with a fever. We are trying to keep her hydrated and she looks fine. She WANTS to eat but pukes every time she does. Do I feed her anyway? Are there certain things I should stay away from??

Blythe. 1 child; Indiana 22554 posts
status 22nd Feb '13

don't give her anything with animal fats or dairy. You can do the BRAT diet and give her jello and broth. I would wait an hour after the last time she puked to give her something to eat and just a very small amount

Madi's*Mama Due November 2; 1 child; Holland, Michigan 7391 posts
22nd Feb '13
Quoting Blythe.:" don't give her anything with animal fats or dairy. You can do the BRAT diet and give her jello and broth. ... [snip!] ... jello and broth. I would wait an hour after the last time she puked to give her something to eat and just a very small amount"

Thanks! I hope it goes away soon!!

Not tellin 3 kids; Montana 55983 posts
22nd Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Madi's*Mama:</b>" Thanks! I hope it goes away soon!!"</blockquote>

Pedilyte in small sips will help. They have them on Popsicle form. They are in the baby isle. You just pop them in the freezer. Don't let her drink too fast or eat too much. It will agitate her stomach causing her to vomit it right back up. Do you best to keep her from getting dehydrated.

Vincent&Me (Laura) 2 kids; Moab, Utah 7847 posts
22nd Feb '13

It's probably the stomach flu (gastroenteritis I think). Doesn't usually present with a fever, just vomiting and diarrhea. Stick to clear liquids for a while, and in very small amounts. If she's breastfeeding, she can have breastmilk. Otherwise, I'd stick with Gatorade or Pedialyte. Something to help her replace electrolytes.

Not tellin 3 kids; Montana 55983 posts
22nd Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Vincent&Me (Laura):</b>" It's probably the stomach flu (gastroenteritis I think). Doesn't usually present with a fever, just vomiting ... [snip!] ... she can have breastmilk. Otherwise, I'd stick with Gatorade or Pedialyte. Something to help her replace electrolytes. "</blockquote>

No Gatorade. It is high in sugar and unnecessary stuff for little ones. It doesn't hydrate them as well as pedilyte. Everything else is 100% right

Vincent&Me (Laura) 2 kids; Moab, Utah 7847 posts
22nd Feb '13
Quoting Not tellin:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Vincent&Me (Laura):</b>" It's probably the stomach flu (gastroenteritis ... [snip!] ... high in sugar and unnecessary stuff for little ones. It doesn't hydrate them as well as pedilyte. Everything else is 100% right"

My kids would never drink the Pedialyte, so Gatorade was really our only option.