38 weeks and i don't think i can do it any more! Stephanie Palumbo 33 kids; Bristol, Rhode Island 30 posts
23rd Feb '13

So as of today i am 38 weeks. A few weeks ago i started to notice i just can't function mentally, and was dealing with pain in my groin and back. Me and my midwife decided yesterday was my last day of work. Well yesterday i was in SO MUCH PAIN! i could hardly walk and it is the same today. Last night My husband and i stopped to get something to eat and i started getting pain in my abdomen that radiated to my back and groin. It came in waves. I then got really nauseous. So we came home. The pain in the abdomen stopped but my back and groin kill when i move even just a little. I am hoping they will just induce me cause i can't take this much more. Is anyone dealing with the same thing?

Ravey Candyass 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Boston, Massachusetts 104947 posts
23rd Feb '13

They won't induce because of pregnancy pain. You're almost there.

JΔS Georgia 76317 posts
23rd Feb '13

They aren't going to induce you because you're having pregnancy pains. You have a human growing inside of you, how do you want to feel? :idea: Just hang in there, you only have 2 more weeks to go, give or take.

HotMom21ERF Due December 17 (twins); 1 child; Kentucky 20661 posts
23rd Feb '13

Pain is part of the process. Just wait.

CRSx2Mommy 18 kids; North Carolina 3475 posts
23rd Feb '13

I feel a lot of what you are... and just when I think it can't get any worse; my 20 month old comes and jumps on my stomach. So yea... just be patient. It's almost over.

.Sweet Dee. 1 child; New York City, NY, Hong Kong 4464 posts
23rd Feb '13

you should not be induced because of pain. the baby needs those two weeks.
at 38 weeks we had to take my son because i was developing pre-eclampsia.
i had to have a c section because my cervix wasn't really induce-able if that's a word....and while he was healthy he had pretty bad jaundice, super sleepy lazy feedings, and we had a little trouble bonding.

i understand the groin and back pain. sometimes i would wake up and baby would be laying on a nerve that shot down my leg and i would just cry. sometimes my pelvis would pop and i couldn't walk. i know it hurts. but you can do it.

HotMom21ERF Due December 17 (twins); 1 child; Kentucky 20661 posts
23rd Feb '13
Quoting SaraSaraBoBara:" you should not be induced because of pain. the baby needs those two weeks. at 38 weeks we had to take ... [snip!] ... shot down my leg and i would just cry. sometimes my pelvis would pop and i couldn't walk. i know it hurts. but you can do it."

off topic but i love your avi!!! so funny!!!

Kay Peezy 3 kids; Maryland 2079 posts
23rd Feb '13
Quoting Stephanie Palumbo:" So as of today i am 38 weeks. A few weeks ago i started to notice i just can't function mentally, and ... [snip!] ... just a little. I am hoping they will just induce me cause i can't take this much more. Is anyone dealing with the same thing?"

I feel for you. Unfortunately, some people see a topic like this and jump to the "you signed up for 40 weeks, suck it up" bandwagon but some women experience a LOT more pain than others. I'm sorry. You're almost there. Heating pads, ice, and tylenol help me. :)

Brown Eyed Girl! Due December 7; 18 kids; North Dakota 12704 posts
23rd Feb '13

That sounds like contractions. Wait it out, you are almost there.

My contractions were mostly in my groin with my last baby. It was really weird because it wasn't like that at all with my first. They were only on the right side also. Even while I was in active labor, with an epidural, I still continued to feel the horrible groin contractions.

Rebecca Hayes1302 3 kids; Portsmouth, United Kingdom 9 posts
23rd Feb '13

i had this with my first pregnancy and turned out my son was back to back and head was fully engaged and was my body pushing him down to start labour, u have 2 weeks left if it is still there then they may consider inducing u but not before as all doctors and midwives want are whats best for the unborn baby, and those last 2 weeks the baby is gaining more weight and getting ready to be born, only thing u can really do is rest and keep ur feet up

Soon 2B Mom of 2 2 kids; North Highlands, California 3785 posts
23rd Feb '13

I'm only 35 weeks, and I'm starting to feel the exact same way. It sucks! Just keep telling yourself it is worth it in the end. That baby cant stay in there forever lol. Good luck and I hope the rest of your time goes fast for you.

Mom of Tristan/Rayah/Keat 3 kids; Alberta 2068 posts
23rd Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting CRSx2Mommy:</b>" I feel a lot of what you are... and just when I think it can't get any worse; my 20 month old comes and jumps on my stomach. So yea... just be patient. It's almost over. "</blockquote>

This!

Hang in there this is all just part of the pregnancy ride.

Lakia Moore Due March 1 (girl); Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1 posts
23rd Feb '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Stephanie Palumbo:</b>" So as of today i am 38 weeks. A few weeks ago i started to notice i just can't function mentally, and ... [snip!] ... just a little. I am hoping they will just induce me cause i can't take this much more. Is anyone dealing with the same thing?"</blockquote>

Hey Stephanie I'm 39 wks I'm due March 2 I just came out of my 38 wks I am experiencing the same pain you can't lift your legs to get into bed or walk steps your back and your pelvis is killing you your strong you can do this, I'm a single mother I'm dealing with this bymyself focus on your little one getting those last. Two weeks so she is healthy I still walk and go places I just feel like a turtle but I need the exercise just remember your joints are loose and putting alot of pressure on your. Muscles do some stretches and squats it helps alot.

Mommy of 3 ♦ Due June 30 (girl); 2 kids; Cumberland, Maryland 496 posts
23rd Feb '13

You only got 2 weeks left! I'm so jealous right now! lol 18 1/2 weeks left over here! Good luck to you and best wishes! You can get through it,doctors normally won't induce unless your past due date or something is medically wrong,normal pregnancy pains aren't too relevant with inductions. Try some natural ways to jump start,like walking,bouncing on a birthing ball,sex, kegals,squats,spicy foods,primerose oils,nipple stimulation,you can google it for more info! Good luck!

Ashley Sekavec 2 kids; Salina, Kansas 138 posts
23rd Feb '13

I'm 33 wks... and alrdy feeling the same pain. :/ My daughter was born at 38 wks (induced due to high blood pressure putting stress on her) and she was fine! Ate like she shld, slept, and I got to hold her right away... so with that said.. I don't really understand what the big deal with being induced is. If it is what your dr thinks is best for you and baby.. then do it! I feel for you. My first pregnancy was a piece of cake and I missed 2 days or work. One for a bad migraine akd one after spending the night in the hospital being monitored cuz they thiught I had preeclampsia because I blacked out at 36 wks. Quit workinh at 37 wks and spent an entire wk laying on my left side to keep my blood pressure down and induced at 38 wks. I understand babies shld be carried to 40 wks... BUT not everyone is capable of it. Seriously.
Talk to your dr and see what they think is best. Just because ppl on baby gaga say 40 wks is best doesnt mean your dr will agree. When youare in too much pain it can add stress to the baby. I am 33 wks pregnant (his femur bone measures accurately) but the rest of my baby measures 36 wks so my dr probably wont let me carry to 40 wks but in no way does it make me a bad person at all..