2 to 3 cm dilated... Stephanie0630 2 kids; Illinois 62 posts
10th Jun '08

My doctor says I'm 2 to 3 cm dilated!! I know that sometimes this means you can start labor within days, but I've also been told sometimes you can go for weeks being this far dilated. I don't want to get my hopes up, but since this is my second baby I'm hoping I'll go within the next two weeks. Is there anyone out there that can share how long they were dilated 2 to 3cm before they went into labor?

CerealMakerWife♥ TTC since Apr 2013; 5 kids; Ukraine 36287 posts
10th Jun '08

I was 3cm for 6 weeks.

SweetBabiesX2 2 kids; Havre de Grace, Maryland 123 posts
10th Jun '08

I don't want to spoil things but I went to L & D Saturday w/ contractions 4 mins apart am dialated to 4 cm and the dr sent me home. I have a drs appt tomorrow and hopefully he will decide to induce. I have a daughter who is only 13 mos old and thought I would go very quickly as well. So far........

Stephanie0630 2 kids; Illinois 62 posts
10th Jun '08
Quoting Heather_G:
Morgan & Logan 2 kids; College Station, Texas 4825 posts
10th Jun '08

I am tring to fine out the same thing my cervix is almost thinnd out it is at 90% I don't know if that helps with anything and the babys head is at -1 station. I wanna how close am I. Thats what he said yesrday I go back tomorrow to get check again and I have had slight cramping but not a whole lot. Is your cervix thined out any?

10th Jun '08
Quoting Mommy to Payden Cash:
10th Jun '08
Quoting Stephanie0630:
Colleen L. 20 kids; Tallahassee, Florida 9190 posts
10th Jun '08

With my second I was between 2 and 3 for a month and she was a day over due. I know a day isnt much but still I was that much for a month before I had her. With my 3rd baby I was that for a week before they induced me. Once I did go into labor with my second baby she came very quickly. I was only at the hospital for 34 minutes before she was completley out and in my arms.

10th Jun '08
Quoting clabolito:
10th Jun '08
Quoting Stephanie0630:
10th Jun '08
Quoting Mommy to Payden Cash:
Colleen L. 20 kids; Tallahassee, Florida 9190 posts
10th Jun '08
Quoting Stephanie0630:
daddysg Due September 3; 2 kids; Oak Grove, Missouri 8 posts
11th Jun '08

With my son i was dialated to a 3 for about 3 weeks and thought it was a cruel joke because everyone else, that i knew,at the time when they dialted that far was in real labor. Hope it does not take that long for u.

11th Jun '08
Quoting Stephanie0630:
Mommy of soon to be 3 gir Due June 7; 2 kids; San Andreas, California 11 posts
7th Jun '10

im trying to find out the same thing.. Im now 70-80% thinned out. i was at a 1 1/2 or 3 weeks and went saturday and was a 2 then went sunday and was a 3 and have been having a LOT of tighting but not consistant enough for them to keep me. im schedualed to be induced the 9th.. n e thing that n e one can tell me im just wondering how long this mite be..oh yeah this is TMI but i also lost my mucus plug sunday and i know this is something that is part of the dialating process....