my 10 month old son he has had a fever of 102 all day i have gave him tylenal every 4 hours for it..it does go down alittle but spikes but up again within 30 mins ...plus he hasnt had a bottle all day or ate anything he just wont i have tried lots and barely any pee diapers he is very lazy today and crying non stop should i take him to the hospital to be looked at or wait it out ?
Are you able to go to the store and get him Motrin?
Dd and I were BOTH sick, and the Motrin was the only thing that helped with her fever.
o all stores here are closed
Take him in. Better safe then sorry
102 is pretty high. I took DD1 to the emergency room twice when she was a baby with a high fever (101 & 102) and all they did was tell me to give her twice what the bottle says to give her since she was heavier, and switch Tylenol with motrin every other dose. Worked.
If it were me, I would be taking him now. Those are all red flags, fever that doesn't stay controlled with Tylenol, loss of appetite and urination, lethargic and irritable. Those are definitely the signs I was always told to look for when debating whether or not DD was sick enough to require a hospital visit. Don't get me wrong, I don't think you need to freak out and panic, I just wouldn't wait it out much longer at all. All his symptoms are red flags for babies for sure. No one knows him better than you. If you feel like he's hurting and needs help trust your gut and go.