6 week check-up M+1 1 child; Ballarat, Australia 1551 posts
24th Feb '13

I had my 6 week check up yesterday and all the Dr did was prescribed me birth control. I thought they were supposed to actually check you, and the baby?

Also, I'm going to be taking "Mini Pill" or whatever. I told the Dr I could take the normal pills because I'm allergic to them, and the deposit shot screwed up my period. Has anyone taken these pills, or currently on them? If so, what's your experience wjth tbem?

Lilly and Laya's momma Due May 25; 2 kids; 4 angel babies; Chesapeake, Virginia 7826 posts
24th Feb '13

I had a pap a my 6 week check up since I was due for one and then she just checked where my uterus is at. Why would they check the baby? They are an OB not a pedi

Aman dua Bremen, Georgia 584 posts
24th Feb '13

Your baby should be checked by your pediatrician. My dr asked me a few questions and felt my belly at my 6 week but it was mostly about birth control.

M+1 1 child; Ballarat, Australia 1551 posts
24th Feb '13

My ob didn't even feel my stomach.. how often should you get your newborn checked/weighed?

Chuck Norris TTC since Jan 2013; 3 kids; 3 angel babies; Fairbanks, AK, United States 18865 posts
24th Feb '13

the mini pill was given most likely because you are breastfeeding (thats why OBs prescribe that... if you arent breastfeeding then you could go on the normal combo pill). The mini pill is a progesterone only pill, so it wont give you a crap ton of crazy symptoms like the combo pills do and the depo shot did.

Lilly and Laya's momma Due May 25; 2 kids; 4 angel babies; Chesapeake, Virginia 7826 posts
24th Feb '13
Quoting Marissa[+1]:" My ob didn't even feel my stomach.. how often should you get your newborn checked/weighed?"

If baby isn't having issues gaining weight (that your pedi is concerned about) just the typical well check visits

24th Feb '13
Quoting Chuck Norris:" the mini pill was given most likely because you are breastfeeding (thats why OBs prescribe that... if ... [snip!] ... is a progesterone only pill, so it wont give you a crap ton of crazy symptoms like the combo pills do and the depo shot did."

Is it as effective as the regular pill? Don't wanna get pregnant again ha.

24th Feb '13
Quoting Lilly and Laya's momma:" If baby isn't having issues gaining weight (that your pedi is concerned about) just the typical well check visits"

I'm always curious as to much he weighs. I bought a normal scald, but I doubt it's accurate. Any idea where I can buy a scale for a baby?

24th Feb '13
Quoting Marissa[+1]:" Is it as effective as the regular pill? Don't wanna get pregnant again ha. "

No its not! Most of the time they won't give Progesterone only pill because its not as effective as the combo pill. But it does provide protection