14 dpo Mama Risha Due June 5 (girl); 2 kids; Murfreesboro, 576 posts
25th Feb '13

quick question: If i ovulated early and I'm currently 14 dpo and AF is due in 2 days and i received a few faint BFP on Dollar general and dollar tree test but received a negative on an equate + or - test could it still be a little bit too early to get a clear BFP ? Or should i have a noticeable BFP by now?

user banned TTC since Apr 2014; 2 kids; Middelfart, Denmark 15320 posts
25th Feb '13

I would assume you'd have a noticeable one at this point. How faint are these positives?

lacTAYtor. ☮ 3 kids; North Carolina 4496 posts
25th Feb '13

Do you have a pic of your tests?

Mama Risha Due June 5 (girl); 2 kids; Murfreesboro, 576 posts
25th Feb '13
Quoting Red Bottom:" I would assume you'd have a noticeable one at this point. How faint are these positives?"

That's what i was thinking. or maybe i have my dpo wrong? Hold on let me post them...

AF - Feb 1st-5th
positive opks- Feb 10th-11th
Negative opk Feb 12th

25th Feb '13

<a href=7E985FBC-629F-402A-A825-123D7C434572-219" />
<a href=9F7D561E-286E-4310-B14F-A4EE31727D17-427" />
<a href=2F83F1FA-66A7-46E2-B0FB-16713E12B97B-427" />

user banned Due January 20; 33 kids; North Carolina 14662 posts
25th Feb '13

I don't think you need to test again.
I see in all 3 tests.

Bettinas 2 kids; Australia 2204 posts
25th Feb '13

I didn't get a noticeable positive on a FRER until 17dpo.

This is my first positive at 14dpo:

Ahhh.jpg

And this was 17dpo until about 20dpo:3A0F4767-6B24-4AD8-98A2-E1F96ED066B0-921

Hopefully that makes you feel better :)

25th Feb '13
Quoting Pirate Hooker {BAMW}:" I don't think you need to test again. I see in all 3 tests."

But it's only showing up on the cheapo tests and not the more expensive ones.

25th Feb '13
Quoting Bettinas:" I didn't get a noticeable positive on a FRER until 17dpo. This is my first positive at 14dpo: And this was 17dpo until about 20dpo: Hopefully that makes you feel better :)"

That makes me feel a thousand times better actually!:D

This cramping I've been having (since about 7 dpo) is scaring me and making me think AF is coming. it's only been on my left ovary side though. I forgot if i had this with my son or not.

25th Feb '13
Quoting J'Kobis Mommy :):" But it's only showing up on the cheapo tests and not the more expensive ones."

Yeah but a positive is a positive. It's normal to sometimes get a positive on one brand and not another.

I do see a very VERY faint positive in all 3 tests.

user banned Due January 20; 33 kids; North Carolina 14662 posts
25th Feb '13
Quoting J'Kobis Mommy :):" But it's only showing up on the cheapo tests and not the more expensive ones."

I found the cheap ones to be a little more sensitive than the name brands.
I had results like yours on the cheaps and had negs on FRERS. I didn't get a good pos on a FRER till I was a few days late

25th Feb '13
Quoting tay. ☮ 34wks!:" Yeah but a positive is a positive. It's normal to sometimes get a positive on one brand and not another. I do see a very VERY faint positive in all 3 tests."

Ok thank you. I just don't want to jump the gun and head over to my OB and end up getting a negative test, but it might work in my favor because they do use the cheap tests. :wink:
Should i ask for blood work or do they automatically do that?

25th Feb '13
Quoting Pirate Hooker {BAMW}:" I found the cheap ones to be a little more sensitive than the name brands. I had results like yours ... [snip!] ... I had results like yours on the cheaps and had negs on FRERS. I didn't get a good pos on a FRER till I was a few days late"

I'm going to take one last cheapo tonight and if it's the same then I'm heading to the doc on wednesaday.

25th Feb '13
Quoting J'Kobis Mommy :):" Ok thank you. I just don't want to jump the gun and head over to my OB and end up getting a negative ... [snip!] ... work in my favor because they do use the cheap tests. :wink: Should i ask for blood work or do they automatically do that?"

I completely understand that. My OB usually just does a urine test. It wouldn't hurt to ask for a blood test if they don't automatically do one. Good luck! :)

25th Feb '13
Quoting tay. ☮ 34wks!:" I completely understand that. My OB usually just does a urine test. It wouldn't hurt to ask for a blood test if they don't automatically do one. Good luck! :)"

Ok i'll keep ya posted. Thanks!:)