30 weeks less movement or am i not feeling? mrssenorita TTC since Jul 2012; California 468 posts
1st Mar '13

could it happen where babies actually move but we don't feel their movement?if so, why? when i was in 20's weeks i felt kicks and movement but has reduced a lot. whenever i go to labor n delivery everything seems fine but dunno why there is not much movement. I am going for non stress tests from next week twice, any thoughts?

Jennybananna 2 kids; Gilbert, AZ, United States 25079 posts
1st Mar '13

Babies have lazy periods and some just dont kick very hard. I barely ever felt my first daughter my second was having dance parties in there I swear. If you are concerned make sure you do your kick counts.

pitbullprincess Due June 24; 65 kids; Fayetteville, North Carolina 1295 posts
1st Mar '13
Quoting mrssenorita:" could it happen where babies actually move but we don't feel their movement?if so, why? when i was in ... [snip!] ... seems fine but dunno why there is not much movement. I am going for non stress tests from next week twice, any thoughts?"

imagine yourself going from a bedroom to a broom closet would you be moving alot lol...as long as your getting kick counts in your ok momma its normal as you get further along for there to be less movement as there is less space and sometimes depending on babies position its hard for us to feel when they do kick...ever get random hiccups or suddenly feel pressure on your chest thats baby sticking a foot or arm and squishing everything so it wont always feel like a direct kick to the belly I actually feel alot of them in my side and back this time around just lay on your back slightly tilted to your left take big breaths and kinda go inward and see what you feel...I also keep the belt things from the NST to tie on as it usually makes my LOs move you could try an ice cube or a scarf of some kind instead of the belt some babies just need a lil reminder as they rest alot in there

gina buckley Due May 13; Dublin, Ireland 182 posts
1st Mar '13

I got that yesterday the doc sed to me that Im just not tuning into baby moving

mrssenorita TTC since Jul 2012; California 468 posts
1st Mar '13
Quoting pitbullprincess:" imagine yourself going from a bedroom to a broom closet would you be moving alot lol...as long as your ... [snip!] ... try an ice cube or a scarf of some kind instead of the belt some babies just need a lil reminder as they rest alot in there "

sometimes i feel baby light kicking near my ribs. mostly early in the morning i feel some movement. also i am not counting kicks cuz the card says 10kicks per hour and for me sometimes i don't feel any movement for 4-5 hrs so the kick counting doesn't work for me. so whenever i notice very less movement i check with my pocket doppler and hearbeat makes me relaxed

1st Mar '13
Quoting mrssenorita:" sometimes i feel baby light kicking near my ribs. mostly early in the morning i feel some movement. also ... [snip!] ... doesn't work for me. so whenever i notice very less movement i check with my pocket doppler and hearbeat makes me relaxed"

its not 10 kick every hour. You baby will have sleep wake periods in the womb. You want to do your kick counts when you know the baby is active usually. For me mine was always active at night so i did mine before bed. I could go all day and barely feel anything but night time came and i was always reassured.

1st Mar '13
Quoting mrssenorita:" sometimes i feel baby light kicking near my ribs. mostly early in the morning i feel some movement. also ... [snip!] ... doesn't work for me. so whenever i notice very less movement i check with my pocket doppler and hearbeat makes me relaxed"

lol its not ten kicks every hour of the day hun its just try to find the active time for your child you said yourself you feel it in the morning probably cause your bladder is full try to lay there and count to about ten ...for me I know that not all babies kick ten times in an hour so try to find a couple kicks in the morning and start seeing how long and how many so you know the babies normal routine ....If you just get a wierd urge tho you have your doppler as you said but its normal for baby to go for good portions of the day especially near the end without feeling a thing its cramped in there and they are growing big time right now so alot of rest is needed to do that .....Jenny your avi is so freaking distracting lol

1st Mar '13
Quoting pitbullprincess:" lol its not ten kicks every hour of the day hun its just try to find the active time for your child ... [snip!] ... and they are growing big time right now so alot of rest is needed to do that .....Jenny your avi is so freaking distracting lol"

Its AWESOME :D

1st Mar '13
Quoting Jennybananna:" Its AWESOME :D"

lmao I know but I cant focus on what I am typing cause I keep watching the chick on the far right and I keep thinking she is gonna hump/climb her way up the chick and fall over but she never does and I cant remember what I was typing so I have to go back and reread lol

Jessica Kroviak Japan 7 posts
1st Mar '13
Quoting mrssenorita:" could it happen where babies actually move but we don't feel their movement?if so, why? when i was in ... [snip!] ... seems fine but dunno why there is not much movement. I am going for non stress tests from next week twice, any thoughts?"

Some Times i dont feel anything for days.. some times they are sleeping or you may not feel it.. im 37 weeks and having a non stress test tommorow morning.. i wouldnt worry about it

1st Mar '13
Quoting Jessica Kroviak:" Some Times i dont feel anything for days.. some times they are sleeping or you may not feel it.. im 37 weeks and having a non stress test tommorow morning.. i wouldnt worry about it"

You shouldn't be going days without feeling any movement.

M+1 1 child; Ballarat, Australia 1538 posts
1st Mar '13

I felt less movement when I was that far along. It's most likely due to less room. As long as you feel atleast 1 movement a day, you should be fine. Well that's what my OB/GYN told me.