39 weeks pregnant and not sure if what ive felt is even brax mamaof2two!! Due December 9; 1 child; k, ND, United States 66 posts
4th Mar '13

So I am now 39 weeks pregnant, and baby's been head down perfect position and dropped for the last 2 weeks now. I was only very slightly dilated last week, yet cervix was soft.

The only pains I feel, is like come and go cramping, especially when im walking, in my lower area, but feels more like in the pelvic area then my lower stomach,....could those be contractions or are they too low???

And is it normal to feel pains down there like that??

Thank you!

Bri + 1.5 <3 Due October 20 (girl); 1 child; Florida 4350 posts
4th Mar '13

Totally normal. You may be feeling braxton hicks. I never felt them before, but I hear they are a light crampy feeling. If you feel like it's in your cervix it could be baby's head. Everytime I went walking in the last few weeks, my son would head-butt me over & over in my cervix. It hurt sooo bad.

Bad Things 1 child; Blacksburg, SC, United States 18448 posts
4th Mar '13

I felt so much different kinds of pains.

However, if they don't come when you are just relaxing and you can't really count them, it is probably round ligament pains.

My contractions were on the top of my stomach and squeezed down, but everyone feels them differently.

Try counting them, if they come more than four times an hour, and if they get worse, to the point where you can't walk through them, go ahead and call your OB or head to labor and delivery to get monitored.

*A&N's Mama* 2 kids; Halifax, Nova Scotia 4627 posts
4th Mar '13

My BH was the whole belly tightening but it seemed concentrated in the upper abdomen area. My contractions were very uncomfortable but did start off crampy. I didn't know I was in labor with my first DD lol until they were timeable. With my second I had a couple uncomfortable contractions & my water broke. The contractions were literally 3 mins apart immediately after and very painful! Hopefully it's the beginning for you! :)

mamaof2two!! Due December 9; 1 child; k, ND, United States 66 posts
4th Mar '13

Thanks =) It may just be the babys head, they are way to low and close together to be contractions, just feels so weird! I really hope she comes soon lol she seems so comfortable in there though

4th Mar '13
Quoting ♥ mommy & colton:" Totally normal. You may be feeling braxton hicks. I never felt them before, but I hear they are a light ... [snip!] ... head. Everytime I went walking in the last few weeks, my son would head-butt me over & over in my cervix. It hurt sooo bad."

My mom said the only time she really felt contractions bad was late in labor so she said I may just not be feeling the Braxton hicks, I haven't felt much of anything except the lower pain, which I never thought of could be the babys head, its the weirdest feeling ever lol

Caelyns Mommy 1 child; Japan 94 posts
4th Mar '13

I had bh contractions after 20 weeks, I went into early labor 3 days before I gave birth, my contractions felt like my skin was tightening up on my lower stomach area and went up. your stomach will get as hard as your forehead is. that's how the lady in lamaz class explained it. my contractions wernt the reason I went to the hospital thou. I haad a doctor appointment that day and she was distressed so he sent me to the hospital and that's where they did my c section, conceindently the night before my doctor appointment I was having back labor, which pretty much is contractions in your back and they lasted just like real contractions, when I got to the hospital my mucus plug and shortly after that's when they started to get really bad. but trust me you will know when your ready. it hurts like a motherrr!

4th Mar '13
Quoting Megan Rose hammer:" I had bh contractions after 20 weeks, I went into early labor 3 days before I gave birth, my contractions ... [snip!] ... shortly after that's when they started to get really bad. but trust me you will know when your ready. it hurts like a motherrr!"

Ouch yeah that's why I haven't really called the doctor, since im going Wednesday morning and what im feeling is completely bearable and not so painful yet. The doc said at my last appointment ill know if my water breaks, or if the contractions are close and the most painful thing in the world lol

Congrats on your baby! im so excited, just the pain part scares me