5 year old's vagina stinks? Kait. 3 kids; Iowa 2345 posts
5th Mar '13

My 5 year old has had a smell coming from her vagina. It's been an issue for a couple months, but it's worse now. She wipes properly and I help her shower. As soon as she pulls her pants down you can smell it. She was tested for a UTI and it was negative. She pees a lot, every hour it seems and 3-4 times each night.. What could be going on?

vagina. 3 kids; Titz, No, Germany 30918 posts
5th Mar '13

I'm sure its not impossible for her to get bv..id bring her to the doctor.

Just Ames 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Montego Bay, Jamaica 114793 posts
5th Mar '13

I'm assuming you've discussed this with a Dr?

~The Lunar Flower~ Due January 13; 1 child; Alabama 6738 posts
5th Mar '13

Maybe a possible yeast or bladder infection? Also, soaps that change her pH down there will cause a smell

[♥]Mrs. Taylor 18 kids; Texas 12250 posts
5th Mar '13

What kind of soap does she wash with down there?

Kait. 3 kids; Iowa 2345 posts
5th Mar '13

The doctor told us nothing. She uses unscented soap, the same stuff she has used forever. No change in laundry soap either.

vagina. 3 kids; Titz, No, Germany 30918 posts
5th Mar '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Kait.:</b>" The doctor told us nothing. She uses unscented soap, the same stuff she has used forever. No change in laundry soap either. "</blockquote>

I would get a second opinion.

Disco Llama 33 kids; Texas 1233 posts
5th Mar '13
Quoting i made a vagina.:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Kait.:</b>" The doctor told us nothing. She uses unscented soap, ... [snip!] ... the same stuff she has used forever. No change in laundry soap either. "</blockquote> I would get a second opinion."

I would too! I don't think this is normal.

Pey and Trista's mommy 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Houston, Texas 42502 posts
5th Mar '13

First thing that came to mind was a yeast infection.

Chrissy&Baby322 17 kids; Michigan 26 posts
5th Mar '13

Are you asking for yourself or your daughter? Personally, and this might be just me. I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't think you should post something like that on here. Maybe it was the wording you used, but I think it's weird you would post this on the internet without bringing her (or yourself) to a doctor or at least getting a second opinion. A peditrician wouldn't say it's nothing if it's that bad.

LayLu 17 kids; Virginia 4007 posts
5th Mar '13
Quoting Chrissy&Baby322:" Are you asking for yourself or your daughter? Personally, and this might be just me. I'm not trying to ... [snip!] ... her (or yourself) to a doctor or at least getting a second opinion. A peditrician wouldn't say it's nothing if it's that bad. "

You clearly haven't browsed this site enough, then. Women post pictures of their period blood in this site, they ask for opinions in personal matters, they talk about everything.

5th Mar '13
Quoting Chrissy&Baby322:" Are you asking for yourself or your daughter? Personally, and this might be just me. I'm not trying to ... [snip!] ... her (or yourself) to a doctor or at least getting a second opinion. A peditrician wouldn't say it's nothing if it's that bad. "

How else would she word it? She used the word vagina instead of crotch. She said stinks instead of rank, etc. I mean......

MamaMia_38wks Due August 14; Newark, Delaware 677 posts
5th Mar '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Chrissy&Baby322:</b>" Are you asking for yourself or your daughter? Personally, and this might be just me. I'm not trying to ... [snip!] ... her (or yourself) to a doctor or at least getting a second opinion. A peditrician wouldn't say it's nothing if it's that bad. "</blockquote>

Really?
This site was made for moms & moms to be for questions just like OP . If you think this is " bad " you should see what other people post... smh !!

& OP , i would get another opinion , sounds like maybe a yeast or bacterial infection!

LayLu 17 kids; Virginia 4007 posts
5th Mar '13
Quoting MamaMia_16wks:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Chrissy&Baby322:</b>" Are you asking for yourself or your daughter? ... [snip!] ... see what other people post... smh !! & OP , i would get another opinion , sounds like maybe a yeast or bacterial infection!"

She's a no0b. :P
(not the OP, the other chic..)

5th Mar '13
Quoting LayLu:" She's a no0b. :P"

So are you :wink: