5 year old's vagina stinks? Kait. 3 kids; Iowa 2345 posts
5th Mar '13

My 5 year old has had a smell coming from her vagina. It's been an issue for a couple months, but it's worse now. She wipes properly and I help her shower. As soon as she pulls her pants down you can smell it. She was tested for a UTI and it was negative. She pees a lot, every hour it seems and 3-4 times each night.. What could be going on?

vagina. 3 kids; Titz, No, Germany 30924 posts
5th Mar '13

I'm sure its not impossible for her to get bv..id bring her to the doctor.

~The Lunar Flower~ 2 kids; Alabama 6748 posts
5th Mar '13

Maybe a possible yeast or bladder infection? Also, soaps that change her pH down there will cause a smell

[♥]Mrs. Taylor 18 kids; Texas 12250 posts
5th Mar '13

What kind of soap does she wash with down there?

Kait. 3 kids; Iowa 2345 posts
5th Mar '13

The doctor told us nothing. She uses unscented soap, the same stuff she has used forever. No change in laundry soap either.

vagina. 3 kids; Titz, No, Germany 30924 posts
5th Mar '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Kait.:</b>" The doctor told us nothing. She uses unscented soap, the same stuff she has used forever. No change in laundry soap either. "</blockquote>

I would get a second opinion.

Disco Llama 33 kids; Texas 1233 posts
5th Mar '13
Quoting i made a vagina.:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Kait.:</b>" The doctor told us nothing. She uses unscented soap, ... [snip!] ... the same stuff she has used forever. No change in laundry soap either. "</blockquote> I would get a second opinion."

I would too! I don't think this is normal.

Pey and Trista's mommy Due January 5; 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Houston, Texas 42503 posts
5th Mar '13

First thing that came to mind was a yeast infection.

Chrissy@MomTopic.net TTC since Nov 2013; 1 child; 1 angel baby; Michigan 33 posts
5th Mar '13

Are you asking for yourself or your daughter? Personally, and this might be just me. I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't think you should post something like that on here. Maybe it was the wording you used, but I think it's weird you would post this on the internet without bringing her (or yourself) to a doctor or at least getting a second opinion. A peditrician wouldn't say it's nothing if it's that bad.

LayLu (girl); 17 kids; Virginia 4007 posts
5th Mar '13
Quoting Chrissy&Baby322:" Are you asking for yourself or your daughter? Personally, and this might be just me. I'm not trying to ... [snip!] ... her (or yourself) to a doctor or at least getting a second opinion. A peditrician wouldn't say it's nothing if it's that bad. "

You clearly haven't browsed this site enough, then. Women post pictures of their period blood in this site, they ask for opinions in personal matters, they talk about everything.

MamaMia_38wks Due August 14 (boy); Newark, Delaware 677 posts
5th Mar '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Chrissy&Baby322:</b>" Are you asking for yourself or your daughter? Personally, and this might be just me. I'm not trying to ... [snip!] ... her (or yourself) to a doctor or at least getting a second opinion. A peditrician wouldn't say it's nothing if it's that bad. "</blockquote>

Really?
This site was made for moms & moms to be for questions just like OP . If you think this is " bad " you should see what other people post... smh !!

& OP , i would get another opinion , sounds like maybe a yeast or bacterial infection!

5th Mar '13
Quoting MamaMia_16wks:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Chrissy&Baby322:</b>" Are you asking for yourself or your daughter? ... [snip!] ... see what other people post... smh !! & OP , i would get another opinion , sounds like maybe a yeast or bacterial infection!"

She's a no0b. :P
(not the OP, the other chic..)

5th Mar '13
Quoting Just Ames:" So are you :wink:"

lol Heyyyy I've been here longer than she has. :)

5th Mar '13
Quoting Just Ames:" So are you :wink:"

One of these days I'll hit your level of 100,000 posts lol.

5th Mar '13
Quoting Just Ames:" I hate the use of "noob" so I was just being an a*****e."

lol It's definitely not a word I normally use, I was being funny. :P