8 weeks & heavy bleeding BobbieDuvall13 Due October 26; Japan 4 posts
17th Mar '13

Yesterday afternoon while having lunch with my aunt I started not feeling well SO when I went to the bathroom I had bled through my clothes (Bright red blood) I waited a bit & continued to bleed heavy so my aunt who is a doctor told me to g in to the doctor. I went in & my ultrasound showed the baby was ok & had a heartbeat of 145 and all my blood work came back fine.. I've continued to bleed & now it switches from bright red to brownish I have my first OB visit tomorrow did anyone else experience this? I'm really worried I may be getting ready to miscarry because the minute I got to the ER they told me that was probably what had happened but since my cervix was closed & baby was ok Im worried its gonna happen since Im still bleeding.

Excited for mommyhood! Due June 13; Bakersfield, California 54 posts
17th Mar '13
Quoting BobbieDuvall13:" Yesterday afternoon while having lunch with my aunt I started not feeling well SO when I went to the ... [snip!] ... what had happened but since my cervix was closed & baby was ok Im worried its gonna happen since Im still bleeding."

this didn't happen to me but try getting on your own little bed rest system, it sounds like it ccould be the start of a miscarry but try to take it easy like no movement maybe? good luck tho your little angels in my prayer

BobbieDuvall13 Due October 26; Japan 4 posts
17th Mar '13

Thank u! I'm hoping at my visit tomorrow ill find out something I'm just really scared :-/

Dillinger 1 child; ........, .., United States 16758 posts
status 17th Mar '13

I bled heavy when I was 13 weeks. It lasted a couple days. When it had started I went to the hospital and they did an ultrasound and my cervix was closed and everything, like you. It happened one more time after that at I think 16 weeks. But everything was fine. I didn't have any cramping, just quite a bit of bleeding like you described. I'm now 27 and half weeks :) I would just rest and drink a lot of fluids. It should stop on its own.

user banned Due November 26; 1 child; Parkersburg, West Virginia 9548 posts
17th Mar '13

i did this at 5 weeks. had a threatened miscarriage and think i may have lost one bc they told me i had one and passed tissue =( but they did and ultrasound and sophie was ok. they said her placenta wasnt suctioned on around the edges causing the bleeding. a week later my uterus grew and it stuck

Karen L.S. TTC since Aug 2013; 5 kids; Texas 299 posts
17th Mar '13

You could have an subchorionic hemorrhage. Many women that have one are still able to carry a baby to term. Good luck.

17th Mar '13
Quoting Karen L.S.:" You could have an subchorionic hemorrhage. Many women that have one are still able to carry a baby to term. Good luck."

this is what i had

17th Mar '13
Quoting I love Kenzi:" this is what i had"

I had one too and bleed off and on for weeks. It was so scary but it finally resolved itself in about 2 - 3 months.

Jenna Rae 2 kids; Wisconsin 607 posts
17th Mar '13

I had bleeding on and off for about a month at the beginning of my pregnancy. I had a subchorionic hemorrhage. I'm now 36 weeks.

Michayla08 18 kids; California 989 posts
17th Mar '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Karen L.S.:</b>" You could have an subchorionic hemorrhage. Many women that have one are still able to carry a baby to term. Good luck."</blockquote>

This! I had one with my last pregnancy. I had 4 bleeds until 17 weeks. I now have a beautiful 10 week old baby boy.

18th Mar '13

luckily i stopped after a week it was so scary. i really do think i had a disappearing twin though. my cervix was open and all that but i have my sophie and im happy. i hope all goes well with you op

18th Mar '13
Quoting I love Kenzi:" luckily i stopped after a week it was so scary. i really do think i had a disappearing twin though. my cervix was open and all that but i have my sophie and im happy. i hope all goes well with you op"

With my last pregnancy with my DD we found out we were having twins at 7 weeks but lost one at 11 weeks. I had brown bleeding for about a month. I thought that was what happening with my current pregnancy but found out it was the hemorrhage.

18th Mar '13
Quoting Karen L.S.:" With my last pregnancy with my DD we found out we were having twins at 7 weeks but lost one at 11 weeks. ... [snip!] ... bleeding for about a month. I thought that was what happening with my current pregnancy but found out it was the hemorrhage."

awe im sorry ill never know for sure bc i was really early when i went to the er never had an ultrasound yet it would be horrible to know you had two and lost one at 11 weeks