4.5 weeks PP 3 questions Brittanylikesyou 3 kids; California 1988 posts
19th Mar '13

Three questions, sorry in advance for the TMI:

First:
Will it be obvious when AF returns? I had bleeding until 2 days before 4w PP and then it stopped...then started again??
I know that PP bleeding starts and stops, but I cant for the life of me remember if it was an obvious stop and how long it took before the first AF in my previous pregnancies.
I am not nursing, and did not really nurse at all past the first few days.

Second:
I had a 2nd degree tear, and I started feeling basically normal at 2w PP. After that it started hurting again, and now it hurts sometimes when I use the restroom..even if its just peeing. Im kind of worried seeing as its been so long since delivery. Is it likely the nerves? this is my first vaginal delivery so I am clueless.

Finally:
When I use the restroom it is painful and i bleed. I know people talk of hemorrhoids after delivery, but I dont see any. I consulted Dr. google and saw that there was "internal hemorrhoids" that can be present even if you cant see them. Is this a cause for concern? Mainly the bleeding has me concerned...is there anything I can do about it?

Kimmy Gibbler 2 kids; Grapevine, Texas 8039 posts
19th Mar '13

1: It will be obvious.
I can't answer 2 because I had a csection
3: I have internal hemorrhoids, too. It sucks. Take stool softeners. But I don't think it's a cause for concern. It's really common after labor. Or just pregnancy in general apparently, because I never labored and I still got them after both.

Brittanylikesyou 3 kids; California 1988 posts
19th Mar '13
Quoting Asher and Haddie's Mommy:" 1: It will be obvious. I can't answer 2 because I had a csection 3: I have internal hemorrhoids, too. ... [snip!] ... really common after labor. Or just pregnancy in general apparently, because I never labored and I still got them after both. "

Do they resolve on their own? I know that some people get surgery for them ...or so ive heard...is the surgery for the internal ones or just the external, do you know? Ive never had this issue before and this was my third pregnancy =\

TootsMcGoots 1 child; Saskatchewan 3732 posts
19th Mar '13
Quoting Brittanylikesyou:" Do they resolve on their own? I know that some people get surgery for them ...or so ive heard...is the ... [snip!] ... for the internal ones or just the external, do you know? Ive never had this issue before and this was my third pregnancy =\"

I've heard that there's no cause for concern with 'rhoid bleeding unless you notice blood in your undies. A bit of bleeding during a bowel movement is normal. Stay hydrated, and it will make bowel movements a lot easier. I had/have the internal ones after having DS (9 months ago) and I rarely have any issues now, but when I do, it feels like I'm shitting razors...tmi, sorry.

TootsMcGoots 1 child; Saskatchewan 3732 posts
19th Mar '13

Oh, and to answer question #1, I was told that any bleeding before 6 weeks PP, is not your period. Even if you stop and start again. Mine didn't come back until 5-6 months (I was BFing though)....and it was SUPER heavy.

I don't have an answer for #2...sorry.

19th Mar '13
Quoting TootsMcGoots:" I've heard that there's no cause for concern with 'rhoid bleeding unless you notice blood in your undies. ... [snip!] ... after having DS (9 months ago) and I rarely have any issues now, but when I do, it feels like I'm shitting razors...tmi, sorry."

LOL. yes!! It does. Its terrible, and I have NO idea why it would feel like that. It doesnt make sense to me that something like that would cause such horrible pain! lol.

19th Mar '13
Quoting TootsMcGoots:" Oh, and to answer question #1, I was told that any bleeding before 6 weeks PP, is not your period. Even ... [snip!] ... Mine didn't come back until 5-6 months (I was BFing though)....and it was SUPER heavy. I don't have an answer for #2...sorry."

Okay, thanks!! :) Thats good to know. I remember my first being heavy, I just cant remember how long it took for it to come back.