1 year old has a rash! Maddie F 1 child; Sarasota, Florida 777 posts
20th Mar '13

My daughter has had a weird looking rash on her vagina for the past 2 weeks. It's just in a circle around her vagina, nowhere else. It look very dry and she itches a lot. I've tried desitin, i've used like a whole thing of it already and i've tried baby powder nothing is helping. ): help?

[JadeLee] 1 child; Minnesota 12190 posts
20th Mar '13

Take her in!?

It could be yeast, or it could be staph.

Empty2.0 Ohio 488 posts
20th Mar '13

Could be a fungal infection. Deff take her in, cant hurt nothing.

Maddie F 1 child; Sarasota, Florida 777 posts
20th Mar '13

Where would she have gotten that from? :/

Empty2.0 Ohio 488 posts
20th Mar '13

fungal could be from moisture. Does she poop in the middle of the night? My LO got it because she pooped a in the middle of the nights a few times and I didn't catch it right away :/

20th Mar '13
Quoting Elizabeth Winsor:" fungal could be from moisture. Does she poop in the middle of the night? My LO got it because she pooped a in the middle of the nights a few times and I didn't catch it right away :/"

Ugh, yes she had a bad diarrea problem for awhile and pooped like 3 times a night, i usually caught it right away though and made sure everything came off. I'll call in first thing in the morning, i was just waiting for it to go away and then she started itching.

♥Heather♥ 3 kids; 3 angel babies; Great Lakes, IL, United States 27353 posts
20th Mar '13

Take her to the doctor to have it checked out.

Empty2.0 Ohio 488 posts
20th Mar '13

That's probably why then. If nothing gets done soon, it will spread :/ If you want go to you nearest pharmacy and buy fungal creams, itll help with the itch and make it go down. And if it is a fungal infection within a day or 2 itll be complelty gone!

20th Mar '13
Quoting Elizabeth Winsor:" That's probably why then. If nothing gets done soon, it will spread :/ If you want go to you nearest ... [snip!] ... creams, itll help with the itch and make it go down. And if it is a fungal infection within a day or 2 itll be complelty gone!"

it wont hurt her even if she doesn't have it? i mean that wouldn't make much sense but still.. I've been using neosporin for awhile because for some reason it used to be the only thing that made her rashes go away.

Empty2.0 Ohio 488 posts
20th Mar '13

No, don't think it will hurt. Just apply it just on the infection. And Neosporin is for bacterial infections, it wont work on fungal, if that's what it is.

20th Mar '13
Quoting Elizabeth Winsor:" No, don't think it will hurt. Just apply it just on the infection. And Neosporin is for bacterial infections, it wont work on fungal, if that's what it is."

Yeah, it hasn't been helping. At first i thought the baby powder was doing it because i just started using it so i stopped but it just got worse. Going to the store to get that though! thanks(:

Empty2.0 Ohio 488 posts
20th Mar '13

Couldn't hurt to try! And NP

[JadeLee] 1 child; Minnesota 12190 posts
20th Mar '13

Get a miconazole ointment if you are going to. The doctor will give you nystatin if you go in more than likely. Unless it is staph.

It is just an overgrowth of body's natural yeast or body's natural staph, which either can happen following diarrhea. Neosporin may not work on certian types of staph also.

I would make her an appointment tomorrow, if it is staph it can get worse easily.

20th Mar '13
Quoting [JadeLee]:" Get a miconazole ointment if you are going to. The doctor will give you nystatin if you go in more than ... [snip!] ... not work on certian types of staph also. I would make her an appointment tomorrow, if it is staph it can get worse easily."

Thanks guys! I got the antifungal cream already and i'll take her in tomorrow(:

Empty2.0 Ohio 488 posts
21st Mar '13

Has it helped any?