38 Weeks Preg Brown Tinged Mucus, Bloody Show? Sofia's Mom 38 weeks Due April 3; 16 kids; Star, North Carolina 19 posts
23rd Mar '13

Im 38 weeks 2 days pregnant and today I started to get a brown tinged mucus discharge when I woke up. (TMI /Sorry). I had an exam done yesterday but I had no spotting all day or anything. The doctor tells me that maybe he will see me next week if I am still pregnant. He says the head is very very low and it was hard for him to get to my cervix. I am def 3 cm dilated stationed at -1 he says. He tells me he is a bit surprised that I am progressing so fast due to this being my first baby. Anyways. This morning when I woke up and when to the bathroom I had some brown tinged mucus when I wiped. I figured maybe it was just an delay from the exam. Then a little while after I went to the bathroom again and once again there was a mucusy brown tinged discharge. I was just wondering if anyone knew if this would be from the exam or if it could possibly be bloody show. I have been losing my mucus plug for about 2 months now and didnt know if maybe it could be that to. I appreciate any answers for I am a First time mom. Thank you in advance.

Vitameatavegamin 19 kids; League City, Texas 5828 posts
23rd Mar '13

I'd say make sure your bags are packed. Any time now! I'm no doctor, but I'd say it's more than likely bloody show, so you'll *probably* start getting contractions any time now. Like, probably within 24-48 hours. Just be on the ready.