34 weeks-early labor?? jess+2! :D Due August 11 (girl); 1 child; 408 posts
24th Mar '13

well im 34 weeks pregnant, with my first and im 17. I just went to the hospital yesterday for some bright red spotting, they checked me and said the 'bottom' part of my cervix was starting to thin? and im dilated a finger tip and was having tiny contractions but not strong ones, I couldn't feel them but the monitor picked them up.. My baby is already in head down position and weighing at AROUND 5 pounds, the doctor said he's developing a little quicker than the typical baby but has this happened to anyone and their labor went quick from there? I read this usually means nothing and anything could happen I'm just curious if anyone else thinks I could go early too. I'm a worry wart, :/

[JadeLee] 1 child; Minnesota 12190 posts
24th Mar '13

You could still go overdue. There are people that walk around dilated at a 4 for weeks.

мɑkɑnɑni 1 angel baby; ~, FL, United States 65147 posts
24th Mar '13

Are they going to try and stop your labor?

jess+2! :D Due August 11 (girl); 1 child; 408 posts
24th Mar '13
Quoting mαkαnαni:" Are they going to try and stop your labor?"

they sent me home because they basically think if nothing is wrong with baby or my water hasn't broke, then it isn't important.

jess+2! :D Due August 11 (girl); 1 child; 408 posts
24th Mar '13
Quoting [JadeLee]:" You could still go overdue. There are people that walk around dilated at a 4 for weeks."

That's what I've heard, thanks!

Fatty McRunnerPants 2 kids; 4 angel babies; Clearlake, California 59386 posts
25th Mar '13
Quoting Jess Barnes:" they sent me home because they basically think if nothing is wrong with baby or my water hasn't broke, then it isn't important."

You're contracting regularly and starting to thin at 34 weeks and they didn't try to stop it :shock: Girl, at 34 weeks when I was contracting and starting to thin my ass was on a magnesium drip in a hospital bed upside down with a catheter hanging out my vagina. If you're contracting regularly and thinning, yes, you may go into full blown labor soon. Then again, you can still go weeks without anything happening. Honestly if I were in your position I'd find a new hospital ASAP. Unless it's not really regular and they're thinking it's braxton hicks...