Is this something I could call the cops for? Kay95 Louisiana 47 posts
26th Mar '13

I don't know anybody that calls the cops for any reason at all, except like shootings and what I just wanted to make sure this is cop-worthy, I guess?

About six months ago, me and Jay (my baby's father) weren't talking for a while, so being completely immature, I decided that I should date someone else to try to get over him. Completely stupid, I know, but not the point of the post.

The guy I had dated found out I was pregnant and is convinced that it is his. We never even had sex...we messed about a little, but there was never any actual sex. Not to mention this was six months ago and I just found out I'm pregnant. So both of those things prove that he is NOT the father.

Well anyway, he found out I was pregnant for Jay. He hates Jay with a burning passion for no reason, and he has decided that the baby is his and I need to be with him. For the first couple days I was like whatever, I'll ignore him. But lately he has been acting insane. He shows up at my house at night randomly, banging on the door. I don't answer. He goes my window and sits outside begging me to love him again. I ignore him and he just keeps doing it.

He showed up at my work and called on the board (I work at Sonic) so I was like blah blah what can I get for you? he starts yelling YOUR LOVE I NEED YOUR LOVE. Trying to be professional, I told him that if he isn't ordering anything he needs to leave. He ordered a small cup of ice which is like twelve cents. So they bring him his water and I'm like YES he'll leave. He didn't. He sat there for two hours until close and then as I'm walking out he's waiting for me. I was with two guys I work with and they told him to get the fuck and leave, that he needs to leave me alone. He left but since then he's been calling me nonstop. He texts my mom about how he can't live without me and randomly shows up at my house with flowers. I open my door sometimes and he's curled up on our welcome mat crying about how he can't live without me. One time I was leaving my house because Jay (baby's father) was coming get me and I see him hiding in the bushes in front of my apartment.

I've tried being nice, saying that I just can't be with him, that I don't feel the way he feels about me. I tried being mean, saying I didn't give a fuck about him, that it was always Jay, it's always been Jay, and that there's no way I could ever love him.


Is this something that the cops would actually care about it and do something about? I've tried EVERYTHING. My cousins and uncles have talked to him, threatened him, my baby's father has told him to leave me alone, but it still continues.

tinana+2 TTC since Nov 2013; 2 kids; Staten Island, NY, United States 29663 posts
26th Mar '13

Yes, you need to call the cops. You need to have everything documented. This guy is going to escalate if you don't, and you and your baby are going to end up getting hurt.

Tikaytasha 17 kids; New York 11503 posts
26th Mar '13

That's harassment. Get a restraining order!

Sneakmom 2 kids; Texas 4861 posts
26th Mar '13

Ooooooh yeah call the popo.

LA REINA™ New York, NY, United States 16316 posts
26th Mar '13

You can definitely call the cops on him, you should have already done that and gotten an order of protection.

Wife and Mommy of 4 4 kids; California 804 posts
26th Mar '13

Call the cops and get a restraining order in place. If he violates it, he will be arrested.

--K-- 2 kids; Romania 3189 posts
26th Mar '13

I think that is considered stalking or harrasment but I'm not sure what the cops would do.

CJKB+JMB=AMB 1 child; Watertown, New York 2525 posts
26th Mar '13

Theres nothing the cops can do... There not gonna follow him around and make him leave you alone.nor will they arrest him unless they think your life is in can get a restraining order, which I strongly suggest, he sounds like a lunatic

Ashley Nichole ♥ Michigan 1111 posts
26th Mar '13
Quoting Wife and Mommy of 4:" Call the cops and get a restraining order in place. If he violates it, he will be arrested."


..~*Bell@Bee*~.. Due August 18 (boy); 4 kids; Illinois 1212 posts
26th Mar '13

He's literally stalking you. You can definitely call the cops and def do document everything he does. Wow....that's pretty scary.

user banned 3 kids; Washington 15083 posts
26th Mar '13

I'd call the cops for sure. Dude sounds like a psycho.

Juggernog-aholic 4 kids; 2 angel babies; P, AR, United States 20227 posts
26th Mar '13

He is stalking and harassing you. Call the cops and get a restraining order. Then if he shows up somewhere again, call them and he will be arrested.

.Jezebel. 1 child; Sumter, South Carolina 9452 posts
26th Mar '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting tinana +2:</b>" Yes, you need to call the cops. You need to have everything documented. This guy is going to escalate if you don't, and you and your baby are going to end up getting hurt. "</blockquote>

! This. That's scary. :/

Kay95 Louisiana 47 posts
26th Mar '13

I didn't know if they would do anything because he hasn't hurt me physically, but thanks yall. I have to work all day tomorrow, I get off at five, do police stations close at a certain time? Do I have to go in? I don't want to call 911 or anything because I'm not in immediate danger.

Elle With FOUR! 4 kids; Wichita, KS, United States 18964 posts
26th Mar '13

You don't need to call the cops, but you do need to file a protective order. This is stalking/harrassment, and there is no reason you should have to deal with it. NOT ok! Go to the county courthouse and they can tell you what to do to get it filed. When he violates the order (I feel like, given your description, this is more a "when" than an "if"), THEN you call the cops, and he will go to jail for violating.