40 weeks = 10 months? user banned
26th Mar '13

I had an issue with my second child where the dad didn't think my son was his for whatever reason. I'm a little worried about my ex-boyfriend turning around and saying Andres isn't his because of how weird the weeks add up. I am due July 17th, with a conception date of Halloween 2012. I got a positive pregnancy test on his birthday (November 5th) and my due date is spot on (24 weeks). If you think about it, 24 weeks makes me 6 months pregnancy wise, and our 6 month anniversary would have been this Thursday the 28th...how do you explain to someone why there is an extra month in pregnancy? It's not an issue, but I'd like to know just in case.

And NO, there is no chance it wouldn't be his. I have not had sex with anyone else since September 2012.

lilmzzgreeneyez *NMOA* 21 kids; Sherwood, Arkansas 17987 posts
26th Mar '13

well there are two weeks you are not even pregnant that is counted (from lmp to conception) i dont really know how it works either. i know when i told BD how pregnancy dates work i had to really explain from a week to week basis on how it works. (both of us had to use a calendar) lol i use the 10 month thing too.

tinana+2 TTC since Nov 2013; 2 kids; Staten Island, NY, United States 29663 posts
26th Mar '13

If you got a positive on November 5th, it's highly unlikely that you conceived on Halloween......

user banned Nassau, BA, Bahamas 5125 posts
26th Mar '13
Quoting tinana +2:" If you got a positive on November 5th, it's highly unlikely that you conceived on Halloween......"

I meant implanted. My HCG November 7th was 7.2. Sooooo it's pretty spot on.

Little Bit's Momma Due October 21 (boy); 33 kids; North Richland Hills, Texas 7479 posts
26th Mar '13
Quoting tinana +2:" If you got a positive on November 5th, it's highly unlikely that you conceived on Halloween......"

:!:
Can you ever get a positive 5 days after conception?! I thought it was bare min 8-9 dpo

26th Mar '13
Quoting Little Bit's Momma:" :!: Can you ever get a positive 5 days after conception?! I thought it was bare min 8-9 dpo"

I was confused. I just went and did a few of the conception calculators and it said probable ovulation was the 20th and conception was up til the 28th or so. My LMP was October 10th.

[Boats&Hoes] 2 kids; Youngstown, Ohio 62969 posts
26th Mar '13

Well 4 weeks is a lunar month, our calendars add 2-3 days to the months. So take those extra days left over from 28 (since 4 wks = 28 days) and it almost adds up to a month if you multiply it by 10. kwim?

Little Bit's Momma Due October 21 (boy); 33 kids; North Richland Hills, Texas 7479 posts
26th Mar '13
Quoting Loka Lokita (24):" I was confused. I just went and did a few of the conception calculators and it said probable ovulation was the 20th and conception was up til the 28th or so. My LMP was October 10th."

ahhhh i gotcha

ℕightingale 1 child; Mississippi 7957 posts
status 26th Mar '13

There's more than 4 wks in a month. Average 4.3 wks that makes pregnancy 9 months 2 wks long but those 2 wks you aren't actually pregnant.

26th Mar '13
Quoting Loka Lokita (24):" I was confused. I just went and did a few of the conception calculators and it said probable ovulation was the 20th and conception was up til the 28th or so. My LMP was October 10th."

and unless you were testing for ovulation you could have ovulated later or eariler you cant be sure ever. not everyone ovulates exactly at 14 days after. lol. according to a conception calculator i looked at i probably conceive on the 20th but i didnt have sex that day it was a few days later so i ovulated a little later that month. but i didnt test the next month (i took the morning after pill and thought i was good and that my period was being irregular which had happened before) i found out around 8 weeks that i was for sure pregnant and the dating ultrasound put me at conception on the 24th which was just about spot on.

26th Mar '13

Thanks ladies! Sounds like just saying you're pregnant for 10 months is more accurate. I never even considered that there is never just 4 weeks in a month either.

26th Mar '13

this is why i always go by weeks when someone asks me how far along i am!!!

26th Mar '13
Quoting lilmzzgreeneyez *NMOA*:" this is why i always go by weeks when someone asks me how far along i am!!!"

I always do to! But then you get the occasional person that will be like "oh, so that makes you ___ months right?" and i'd rather not try to explain lol.

26th Mar '13
Quoting Loka Lokita (24):" I always do to! But then you get the occasional person that will be like "oh, so that makes you ___ months right?" and i'd rather not try to explain lol."

Like right now im 32 weeks. i tell people im between 7 and 8 months LOL i dont even know for sure.