25 weeks with horrible right lung/rib pain Brooke Shockey 19 kids; Dayton, Ohio 123 posts
27th Mar '13

For the past couple days my right lung and rib cage have a sharp stabbing pain that will NOT go away no matter what I do. Any idea's on what this might be? This is babe number 3 and this is the first time I've ever had this problem. I've had ligament pain with the other two and such but nothing like this! :(

Taryn - Anya's mommy 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Toronto, Ontario 49462 posts
27th Mar '13

Could the baby be kicking u there? Both my girls constantly kicked me in the lungs and it hurt like a b***h

Brooke Shockey 19 kids; Dayton, Ohio 123 posts
27th Mar '13

It's too high for him to reach I do believe. I've had my other LO's kick me in the ribs and it felt NOTHING like this.

Taryn - Anya's mommy 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Toronto, Ontario 49462 posts
27th Mar '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Brooke Shockey:</b>" It's too high for him to reach I do believe. I've had my other LO's kick me in the ribs and it felt NOTHING like this. "</blockquote>

I would definitely ask your OB at ur next appt.

snglemama 4 kids; Georgia 11978 posts
27th Mar '13
Quoting Brooke Shockey:" For the past couple days my right lung and rib cage have a sharp stabbing pain that will NOT go away ... [snip!] ... this is the first time I've ever had this problem. I've had ligament pain with the other two and such but nothing like this! :("

any other symptoms? I'd talk to your OB... liver pain typically hurts on the right side, stabbing pain.

I'm me 4 kids; Kentucky 3109 posts
27th Mar '13

Are you having any shortness of breath?

momto1stepto2 3 kids; 3 angel babies; Martinsville, Illinois 11347 posts
27th Mar '13

could also be your gall bladder talk to your dr about it

Jessica Dolley Due September 9; Japan 1 posts
27th Mar '13

I would talk to your OB because that's the kinda pain I had with both of my kids and it turned out I had preeclampsia. Just a thought though ex specially if its is localized to that particular spot. Good Luck!