31 weeks and alot of back pain and pressure Kmg2318 Due May 28; Corpus Christi, Texas 8 posts
27th Mar '13

I am 31 weeks and about a week ago I started feeling horrible :( body aches and just wanting her out already ;( I can barely walk. I h av e really bad lower back pain and alot of pressure in my vagina area...its nothing too painful just uncomfortable and annoying...my belly gets tight but I can't tell if its just baby girl moving and stretching out or a contraction...its hard to close my legs bc of all the pressure im feeling down there so I've been sleeping with a pillow between my legs...I have 9 weeks to go May 29th is my expected due date but how I've been feeling lately I do not think ill make it 9 weeks :/ has anyone else experienced this??? Im afraid it could be preterm labor... my next drs appt is april 9th & my dr already got on to me about self diagnosing myself bc I end up just worrying and stressing myself out more...:)

♥BakedACake♥ 2 kids; Hillsboro, Missouri 2961 posts
27th Mar '13
Quoting Kmg2318:" I am 31 weeks and about a week ago I started feeling horrible :( body aches and just wanting her out ... [snip!] ... 9th & my dr already got on to me about self diagnosing myself bc I end up just worrying and stressing myself out more...:)"

If you're worried, go to L&D and get checked out. Of course everyone worries with their pregnancys and if you're feeling that way and unsure, then better safe than sorry.

qtpiechristine Due May 23; 16 kids; Lansing, Kansas 37 posts
27th Mar '13

Well it sounds to me like you are getting Braxton Hicks, contractions that are perfectly normal during this part of pregnancy. I'm due a few days before you and I know what you mean when you say you can't tell if its contractions or your baby streching... it feels the same way for me sometimes. About the pain down there though you should mention it to your doctor but have you tried a cold or hot pack to relieve some of the pain? Also if you aren't opposed to taking minimal medicine you can have safely 1- 500 mg pill of Tylenol/acetemenophin the generic name. No asprin, ibuprofin or naproxen however. Good luck and you can hang in there. I'm ready to be done too but the longer your baby grows inside you the healthier they will be when born. The light is at the end of the tunnel and we're almost there!